Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

4 banger turbo notch build - Warning Mullet Mobile inside

Old 08-03-2013, 03:25 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby
Default 4 banger turbo notch build - Warning Mullet Mobile inside

The few tha actually know me on here know I've wanted a notchback for a while. And after having to part ways with a my projects due to unforeseen events I have now been able to aquire and soon to start my build or a budget friendly toy.

It's a 90 foxbody coupe, 4 banger with a 5 spd. Nothing special but have some feasible plans in store.

- turbo build
- make the car handle
- 5 lug conversion
- have fun

I mainly want it to be a fun daily and have a unexpected business end.

Pictures: (not much to look at)

INB4 COYOTE SWAP...
Old 08-03-2013, 04:03 PM
always broke

DomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to beholdDomesticDesire is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 4 banger turbo notch build - Warning Mullet Mobile inside

I miss my notch!! Good luck with the car!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:11 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

Look forward to seeing this. There's an 86 notch 4 banger in a shed at my grandparents house. I've tossed around the idea of doing something like this for a long while.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:33 AM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

This is actually MUCH more interesting of a build to me than swapping in a v8. Don't be a faggot, do the turbo build up right away and post pichurz
Old 08-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

Guy here in Richmond has done quite a few of these turbo 4cyle notches. He seems to usually get in the 13.s at Richmond dragway. As far as i know they have always been a budget build, nothing extreme. I`ve asked him why not a V8 or V8 boosted and he always tells me "great gas milage and it`s enough fun without breaking the bank"
Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 AM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

I don't know if there's any difference between the 4 bangers in the Mustang and the turbo 4 bangers in a Thunderbird turbo coupe. Some research should find you the answer. I had a '88 turbo coupe I put 230k on, it was indestructible.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
I don't know if there's any difference between the 4 bangers in the Mustang and the turbo 4 bangers in a Thunderbird turbo coupe. Some research should find you the answer. I had a '88 turbo coupe I put 230k on, it was indestructible.
The turbo blocks are a lot tougher and can be punched out way more than the n/a blocks.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:20 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
They're the same, just lower compression.

Originally Posted by Dough_Boy.
The turbo blocks are a lot tougher and can be punched out way more than the n/a blocks.
I'm pretty sure that's just an urban legend. I recall from an old issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords that all of the 2.3 blocks were the same.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:24 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Awesome, a guy I used to work with at honda had one of these and it was quick. These are not common builds, this shall be awesome.

Quick Reply: 4 banger turbo notch build - Warning Mullet Mobile inside