Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

2015 srt barracuda

Old 09-22-2012, 06:00 AM
TheMuhFuggin♂

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy
Default Re: 2015 srt barracuda

Originally Posted by jaqattack02
For that class of car, I like the way the new Mustangs look. I also like the "throwback-ness" of the Challenger. I think it's great that they matched the old body lines as much as they could. Not really a fan of the Camaro though. This one may grow on me, but I think part of the issue for me is that they are calling it the Barracuda, which automatically brings to mind the old school Cuda's, and nothing about that car has any similarity to the old Cuda. I think if they are going to use throwback names they should at least attempt to give it a little bit of the essence of the old car. Of course the new Dart is the same deal, nothing in common with the old one.

I feel like they are going too much for the exotic car look, and not enough for the pony car/muscle car look that a Barracuda should have.
+1 it's a cool car, but a 'Cuda it is NOT.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:46 PM
om nom nom nom

junk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Uzi Crooklyn
i could deal with a less futuristic front end
that would be a camaro

the rear arch and windows look the same......so is there still going to be a camaro or is this replacing it? they are so alike....vw didnt even bring the racco over because they think its to similer to the golf.....and they actully look diffrent

-carlton
Old 09-22-2012, 05:59 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Originally Posted by junk40sx
that would be a camaro

the rear arch and windows look the same......so is there still going to be a camaro or is this replacing it? they are so alike....vw didnt even bring the racco over because they think its to similer to the golf.....and they actully look diffrent

-carlton
can't tell if trolling
Old 09-22-2012, 06:29 PM
om nom nom nom

junk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these partsjunk40sx is infamous around these parts

lol no
Old 09-22-2012, 06:35 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by jaqattack02
For that class of car, I like the way the new Mustangs look. I also like the "throwback-ness" of the Challenger. I think it's great that they matched the old body lines as much as they could. Not really a fan of the Camaro though. This one may grow on me, but I think part of the issue for me is that they are calling it the Barracuda, which automatically brings to mind the old school Cuda's, and nothing about that car has any similarity to the old Cuda. I think if they are going to use throwback names they should at least attempt to give it a little bit of the essence of the old car. Of course the new Dart is the same deal, nothing in common with the old one.

I feel like they are going too much for the exotic car look, and not enough for the pony car/muscle car look that a Barracuda should have.
The retro look is dead

Ford said as much when they eluded to the EVOS concept being the next Mustang in 2015.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:04 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

It's going to be an overweight genesis coupe since they are thinking of turbo 4 and v6 as their first options.

Also SRT lol
Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
It's going to be an overweight genesis coupe since they are thinking of turbo 4 and v6 as their first options.

Also SRT lol
Why SRT lol? I'm glad they let Ralph Gilles run the offshoot SRT brand. Should be some nice cars coming out of there starting with the new Viper.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:57 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

The logic behind being a company that just produces sports cars and nothing else will never take off. It's not the right time to launch a brand into the industry especially with no common consumer base. I mean even if they came out with an SRT sedan it would probably be something someone wouldn't want to drive everyday. It is different but I don't think it would survive long.

I can respect SRT being a badge for Dodge just as Abarth, Nismo, etc etc, is with the other automakers, it doesn't need to be nothing more.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45 DRedman45

I like the lines of the design, but the front end is pretty awful...it kinda has corvette lines in the front wheel arches, just a lot taller
Old 09-23-2012, 06:30 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

There is a reason nobody cares what Honda kids think about anything.

The logic behind being a company that just produces sports cars and nothing else will never take off.

I mean even if they came out with an SRT sedan it would probably be something someone wouldn't want to drive everyday.
Because people don't drive these cars every day?

300C SRT8

M3 Sedan

Taurus SHO

Quick Reply: 2015 srt barracuda