Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

2015 srt barracuda

Old 09-21-2012, 06:04 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default 2015 srt barracuda

Edit- These, to my knowledge at least, are not official renderings. Apparently these are just Car and Driver's imaginings of what they think it might look like.

Originally Posted by Car and Driver
Similar in size to the current Mustang, the Barracuda is expected to lose more than six inches from the Challenger’s wheelbase and close to eight in overall length. Rear track and overall width are forecast to shrink by a bit more than two inches. Weight will drop by between 250 and 300 pounds. The front suspension may move from control arms to a strut setup; the rear suspension will remain multilink, with new geometry.

Mindful of tightening CAFE requirements, power#train offerings will expand to include at least one #variant of the new 2.4-liter Tigershark inline-four, possibly force-fed. While the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 is expected to get direct injection at about the time the ’Cuda arrives, CAFE more than market demand will determine whether a V-6 is offered. Expect the Hemi V-8 to carry on, with direct injection increasing power and efficiency. We hear it’s unlikely that both the 5.7- and 6.4-liter versions will be offered but hope Chrysler reverses its thinking there. Two Hemis would go a long way toward cementing the SRT brand’s authenticity.
full article here - http://www.caranddriver.com/features...da-future-cars

Last edited by blackout; 09-24-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02
Default Re: 2015 srt barracuda

I think it's cool they are trying to bring the Barracuda back, I love the old ones. But dang, that thing is ugly.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:28 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by jaqattack02
I think it's cool they are trying to bring the Barracuda back, I love the old ones. But dang, that thing is ugly.
you think so?

what, to you, is an attractive car? serious question.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

Originally Posted by blackout
you think so?

what, to you, is an attractive car? serious question.
For that class of car, I like the way the new Mustangs look. I also like the "throwback-ness" of the Challenger. I think it's great that they matched the old body lines as much as they could. Not really a fan of the Camaro though. This one may grow on me, but I think part of the issue for me is that they are calling it the Barracuda, which automatically brings to mind the old school Cuda's, and nothing about that car has any similarity to the old Cuda. I think if they are going to use throwback names they should at least attempt to give it a little bit of the essence of the old car. Of course the new Dart is the same deal, nothing in common with the old one.

I feel like they are going too much for the exotic car look, and not enough for the pony car/muscle car look that a Barracuda should have.

Last edited by jaqattack02; 09-21-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:38 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

i could deal with a less futuristic front end
Old 09-21-2012, 06:40 AM
master debater

Originally Posted by jaqattack02
For that class of car, I like the way the new Mustangs look. I also like the "throwback-ness" of the Challenger. I think it's great that they matched the old body lines as much as they could. Not really a fan of the Camaro though. This one may grow on me, but I think part of the issue for me is that they are calling it the Barracuda, which automatically brings to mind the old school Cuda's, and nothing about that car has any similarity to the old Cuda. I think if they are going to use throwback names they should at least attempt to give it a little bit of the essence of the old car. Of course the new Dart is the same deal, nothing in common with the old one.
i actually kind of agree, and see your point. that said, i personally love how this thing looks, and if it makes it to production looking like that (which chances are it will), i will have to seriously consider buying one.

dodge is doing this thing now where EVERYTHING they do has some tie-in to their 'storied past'. i was never a big mopar guy, but the new dart doesn't seem to bear a strong resemblance to the old one... dodge needed another thing to reboot that would compete with the mustang/camaro- this is it. they just happen to call it the barracuda because it brings up that nostalgia that seems to help moving cars for them.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:44 AM
3D Wheel Designer

5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto 5 speed auto

Looks like some random futuristic car they slapped the charger tail light idea on, made the windows kind of old cuda shapped, and said "hmmm, oh yeah! lets call this the new cuda!"
Old 09-21-2012, 06:46 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

I'm undecided

sort of want??
Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 AM
master debater

Originally Posted by 5 speed auto
Looks like some random futuristic car they slapped the charger tail light idea on, made the windows kind of old cuda shapped, and said "hmmm, oh yeah! lets call this the new cuda!"
again- kind of concur. but want anyway.

the more i look at it the more i think that front will definitely have to be reshaped for production... although seemingly some manufacturers are getting away with led headlights like that...
Old 09-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by blackout
i actually kind of agree, and see your point. that said, i personally love how this thing looks, and if it makes it to production looking like that (which chances are it will), i will have to seriously consider buying one.

dodge is doing this thing now where EVERYTHING they do has some tie-in to their 'storied past'. i was never a big mopar guy, but the new dart doesn't seem to bear a strong resemblance to the old one... dodge needed another thing to reboot that would compete with the mustang/camaro- this is it. they just happen to call it the barracuda because it brings up that nostalgia that seems to help moving cars for them.
Yeah, they just have to be careful with that kind of stuff. There was a lot of backlash when the Charger came out to replace the Intrepid. Even though the Charger as a good car (I test drove one and liked it), the fact that it was called the Charger upset a lot of people, especially the die hard Mopar fans. Guys like us that don't have that connection to the old cars (I'm assuming you're around the same age as me) and just think they are cool old cars aren't really that upset about them using the old names on cars that aren't really related to the old ones.

Like I said though, this one may grow on me. The back end isn't bad, something about the front I don't like. When I first heard they were bringing a Cuda back, I was expecting them to do some special edition of the Challenger with some Cuda body mods and maybe a special suspension package or something, not a whole new car.

Quick Reply: 2015 srt barracuda