Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe modding begins...first up, CAI.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:48 PM
[OO=[___]=OO]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88
Default Re: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe modding begins...first up, CAI.

Originally Posted by Rich
2. Steering wheel controls are nice, but the stereo volume needs to be on the left side and the cruise control on the right.

4. Not sure I dig the electronic parking brake.

6. Why the fuck does GM use Bose crap? Even though the system sounds surprisingly good....the proprietary nature of Bose crap makes upgrades a pain in the ass.

6. Pretty good navigation....better than the Infiniti and Acura.
2) They've always done that. I thought like you did at first, but I got used to it.

4) HATE that bitch. Hard to work on too...

6) I like the Bose stuff... I don't know why you'd have to upgrade it...

6.2) Yeah that nav system is awesome, and it's updateable too.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Chica Pah, Chica Pah

coyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond reputecoyote.v5.0 has a reputation beyond repute

Something about those rims and the yellow rotors seems to detract from the otherwise pure sex of it IMHO. Sweet ride though.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Here's what I think about all that garbage..

1. The "polished ebony" trim is a dust magnet and I'm told scratches very easily. I will address it sometime. (Cover it with Clearbra film...?)
2. Steering wheel controls are nice, but the stereo volume needs to be on the left side and the cruise control on the right. (I'm left handed, maybe that's better for me?)
3. Most of the interior materials are nice with the exception of a few knobs that don't seem up to caddy standards. (It's a GM product, standards aren't always standards...)
4. Not sure I dig the electronic parking brake. (Embrace technology or die! No wait..Old people like pressing buttons instead of pulling heavy levers.)
5. Factory Brembo pads dust a lot (being fixed next Friday). (Stopping a 4200 pound car makes brake pads cry...)
6. Why the fuck does GM use Bose crap? Even though the system sounds surprisingly good....the proprietary nature of Bose crap makes upgrades a pain in the ass. (No one upgrades their stereo, that's for poor people who drive Hondas...)
7. The engine bay is crappy plastic everywhere. (Cadillac owners don't want to look at an ugly engine, they just need to know where the oil goes...)

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-16-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:29 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

No. Poor people that drive hondas are the ones that think Bose sounds good. "no highs, no lows, must be Bose!"
Old 04-16-2011, 08:25 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

ForcedFedTeg- you tried to neg rep me? LOL, you and Shawn are mad. foam, foam....grrrrrr.

Last edited by Rich; 04-16-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:34 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
(No one upgrades their stereo, that's for poor people who drive Hondas...)
That's a fairly vague generalization. Because someone drives a Honda doesn't mean they are poor. It just means they don't spend their money or spend it on something else other than cars.

Otherwise, Rich. Car looks great. I have never heard of an electronic parking brake (school takes away from car research). It sounds like an interesting concept but what makes it somewhat of a turnoff? I am guessing the tensioning feel drastically different. Ford does the same crap audio-wise with the "Sony" sound system they use if you want to upgrade.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:51 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Rich
ForcedFedTeg- you tried to neg rep me? LOL, you and Shawn are mad. foam, foam....grrrrrr.
why did you go and edit out your meaningful and honest rant?
Old 04-16-2011, 08:53 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by Scoutn757
That's a fairly vague generalization. Because someone drives a Honda doesn't mean they are poor. It just means they don't spend their money or spend it on something else other than cars.

Otherwise, Rich. Car looks great. I have never heard of an electronic parking brake (school takes away from car research). It sounds like an interesting concept but what makes it somewhat of a turnoff? I am guessing the tensioning feel drastically different. Ford does the same crap audio-wise with the "Sony" sound system they use if you want to upgrade.
E-brake works just like an auto brake, stopping you from rolling backwards on a hill in some modern manuals. A lot of the euro VW's I've been in, it is a standard feature. Haven't been in many cars here besides my own, so I dunno.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:58 PM
#Trendy

Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio

Ill agree bose sounds terrible, car audio wise. I was more than happy to replace it in my s4.

car looks good
Old 04-16-2011, 09:02 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Scoutn757

Disagree, the kind of low rent people who tune Hondas often live in apartments and work at places like Best Buy

Quick Reply: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe modding begins...first up, CAI.