Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe modding begins...first up, CAI.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:11 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default Re: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe modding begins...first up, CAI.

You're about to tie Brian for most annoying threads on this site. At least his project car threads arent using ugly caddy's with too few doors.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:17 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Originally Posted by shawn22
You're about to tie Brian for most annoying threads on this site. At least his project car threads arent using ugly caddy's with too few doors.
LOL....umad. Your taste, or lack thereof, is funny. Go read a fixie thread if you don't like mine son. I didn't know you were that insecure and unhappy with your life that you would take the time to post something so ignorant in my thread. Get a girlfriend, get a real car and get a real job before ANY of your opinions are worth a shit to me. Oh yeah, I'm not even mad, just baffled at your stupid remarks. PM sent.

Last edited by Rich; 04-16-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

Originally Posted by Rich
It takes air from the functional brake cooling ducts next to the fog lights.
Pretty trick.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:28 PM
[OO=[___]=OO]

Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88

Looks good. If you're ever in Charlottesville, swing by Price Chevrolet, and I'll see if I can get you a free oil change or something, Lol. I'd love to check it out, I freaking LOVE these cars.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

They didn't waste any money on those fancy hose clamps... Good thing they're hidden.

I've been thinking about buying one of those at some point, but I haven't scared myself away yet by looking up the weight. They're so hot though in coupe form.

By the way, I want everyone to notice the size of the battery cable for the trunk mounted battery. Next time someone says "OMGZ, u needz 4/0 garden hose size cable for a trunk mounted battery or da 4-cylinder engine will never startz", everyone can laugh at them.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-16-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:20 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I've been thinking about buying one of those at some point, but I haven't scared myself away yet by looking up the weight. .
The price should suffice in scaring you away than haha...This is definitely a ballers car...I personally think the sedans looks 10 times better than the coupe. But the coupe is still badass.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
The price should suffice in scaring you away than haha...This is definitely a ballers car...I personally think the sedans looks 10 times better than the coupe. But the coupe is still badass.
I don't think the price is that bad for what you're getting though. It is a 556HP V8, active dampers, Brembo brakes, and all of the normal Cadillac bells and whistles. It's like a luxury Z06 but with more power, more weight, and a lower price.

OMG, Cadillac's site says 4209 pounds. That's slightly ridiculous. I don't know why that surprises me, but holy shit...

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-16-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:34 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

I agree it is badass. good on ya if you can own one and are willing to spend the money. I could never think of spending 60k on a car. Im just not that baller with my pitiful public service job. If I didnt have a mortgage a wife or a kid, than sure. Maybe one day Ill be as baller as you guys to own such a ridiculous nice car.

looking forward to seeing more mods Rich.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
I agree it is badass. good on ya if you can own one and are willing to spend the money. I could never think of spending 60k on a car. Im just not that baller with my pitiful public service job. If I didnt have a mortgage a wife or a kid, than sure. Maybe one day Ill be as baller as you guys to own such a ridiculous nice car.
I was actually looking at them mostly because I'm considering a few product development jobs at GM. I don't think I'd buy one without an employee discount or other hookup; honestly though that is one of the two GM cars I would own (the other is the object of Brian's obsession and ends in "vette").
Old 04-16-2011, 06:36 PM
$Level$

Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich Rich

Overall, I think it does have some nice features for its' price-point. Whether people like it or not, I have had a lot of people stop me to talk about the car....much more than I expected. I think Cadillac did a good job with this car but it does have a few quirks that I would change.

Cons-
1. The "polished ebony" trim is a dust magnet and I'm told scratches very easily. I will address it sometime.
2. Steering wheel controls are nice, but the stereo volume needs to be on the left side and the cruise control on the right.
3. Most of the interior materials are nice with the exception of a few knobs that don't seem up to caddy standards.
4. Not sure I dig the electronic parking brake.
5. Factory Brembo pads dust a lot (being fixed next Friday).
6. Why the fuck does GM use Bose crap? Even though the system sounds surprisingly good....the proprietary nature of Bose crap makes upgrades a pain in the ass.
7. The engine bay is crappy plastic everywhere.

Pros-
1. I like most of the styling....more so on the inside.
2. Deceptively quicker than expected (0-60 times of 3.9 seconds).
3. Mag-ride is impressive.
4. Brakes work better than Z06 brakes
5. I can bring kids if I want
6. Pretty good navigation....better than the Infiniti and Acura.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe modding begins...first up, CAI.