Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

2001 ITR K swap build

Old 11-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirty Details Dirty Details Dirty Details Dirty Details Dirty Details Dirty Details Dirty Details Dirty Details Dirty Details Dirty Details Dirty Details
Default 2001 ITR K swap build

Not really new to the forum just decided to finally make an acct and add another build to the forum. I bought the R in pretty much stock form in June of 2010 with 84k miles on it from another member on the forum (Vietballer). When I acquired the vehicle it was lowered on eibach sportlines (still is) and had a Greddy catback on it, but the insides of the muffler were blown to pieces. I swapped the axle back out for a stock gsr setup and called it a day for almost the next year. In April of this year i began acquiring parts for the K swap and began the tear down. The engine bay was pretty much completely stripped, prepped, and primed for paint. My buddy Butch from Auto Elite Paint & Collision came through and re-sprayed the engine bay PY with a single stage paint kit. He did an amazing job and it came out pretty flawless for spraying in a make shift booth in my garage with a small compressor and a super mini water separator. From there my buddy Luther and I began re-installing the brake booster ABS lines and pump. The majority of my parts came from Hybrid Racing but took forever to arrive being that almost everything was on backorder. While i waited for parts myself and another friend Tommy began doing the wire tuck...almost 300ft of wire and lots and lots of soldering and heat shrinking. Once all the parts from Hybrid arrived we began bolting all the shiny new parts into place. Sometime in the middle of June we finally got the K20R mounted into its new home but had to wait a few more weeks until the swap harness from Hybrid arrived so we could wire it up and bring the new motor to life. Lucky for us when it came time to crank the engine over for the first time it started without hesitation....it was a huge sigh of relief after all the crazy wiring that had to be done being that the engine harness had its clips cut. Enough talking onto the pics...hope yall enjoy.

Driver side of engine bay

Old A/C setup

Rear mount & P/S rack before paint

Pass side engine bay

Brake booster & ABS lines pulled away from firewall

All primed ready for paint

Fresh paint...brake booster, ABS lines & pump, and Hybrid mounts installed

Hybrid Racing A/C kit

A/C lines tucked away nicely with no kinks

New P/S reservoir mounted in new location

New Mishimoto RSX radiator and fan mounted

Just barely clears

Hybrid Racing transmission mount in place

New A/C condensor and P/S oil cooler mounted in place

After that I stopped taking pictures and focused on getting the car running again as I was having to borrow a car to get to and from work everyday. I'll take some pictures of the finished product tomorrow while I'm at the shop for you guys to see how the swap turned out. In the end my car sat on jack stands for a quick 3 months and I got it running again on the 4th of July. Thanks everyone for checking out my build...big ups to everyone that helped me with the project and Pops for letting me borrow the G for 3 months to get around!!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:53 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: 2001 ITR K swap build

In for more pics. Love me a good R build
Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Subscribed. . . brah.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:30 AM
Registered member

conway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud ofconway0621 has much to be proud of

Dopppeee
Old 11-23-2011, 03:34 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Looks great so far.I still regret putting a B18CR in my car instead of a K20.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:56 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Finally a decent build thread
Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Congrats on doing a proper build.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
Congrats on doing a proper build.
i'm glad someone is doing a swap with AC AND power steering. and the "bay clean up" is not a half assed job
Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
i'm glad someone is doing a swap with AC AND power steering. and the "bay clean up" is not a half assed job
This.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Registered Member

eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo eyeGOsloo

Nothing over the top but still done right

I should have went K too