Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

Old 09-12-2012, 04:51 AM
The VW guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick
Default Re: 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

Originally Posted by ferio
lol im ready also, it'll be awhile i think its a slow process
I feel ya. The engine is the next step on the bug since that will be the most expensive part of the build.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:09 PM
SparkleMotion

kenny_el2003 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

good stuff man
Old 09-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered member

sal101 has disabled reputation

Old 09-16-2012, 06:38 PM
N2OWNED

99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula

I love absolutely EVERYTHING about this build, except the wheel choice (I'd leave it on the steel wheels, or if you absolutely feel the need to fill the wheels, get some larger billet steel wheel look-alikes and paint them orange). If you paint it, there will be two things I don't like.

Awesome work!

PS. Clean up those heads and valvecovers.

Last edited by 99formula; 09-16-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

Originally Posted by ferio
motor coming together
LSx
curious where did you happen to come across your motor I'm looking to start tearing into my truck real soon and thinking about just pulling the current drivetrain and going ahead and getting a LSx for it or just building a 383 stroker for the time being.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slooby
curious where did you happen to come across your motor I'm looking to start tearing into my truck real soon and thinking about just pulling the current drivetrain and going ahead and getting a LSx for it or just building a 383 stroker for the time being.
Found it on craigslist awhile back in glouster(sp) guy wanted 750 for it and i ended up getting it for 600. The first one i sourced ended up having a bent rod but i found a replacement and had the block checked and cleaned and cam bearing installed as i was going to build it. So i may build that one later down the road for boost. Just ready to get it all together and driving. But you should be able to source the 5.3's fairly easy.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute

Updates, kinda been slow but did a few more things. Welded up the heater box holes with a filler panel, rustoleum painted a fender to get an idea how i want to paint it with the color i might go with either the color on the fender or the color on the valve cover on the motor not sure which orange yet. Mounted the 15 gal fuel cell and cut out the inner fenders and inner bed sides to clear the wheels and put the bed on so i can get a feel of how it'll look. The bed will be a little higher than in the pics after its properly mounted. enjoy the pics hopefully more updates coming soon.

Last edited by ferio; 10-29-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 AM
The VW guy

AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick

Nice progress. Seeing your build makes me wish I never got rid of my suburban.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:09 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

I like the paint, are you planing in going back with the factory molding to?
Old 10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by AirSick
Nice progress. Seeing your build makes me wish I never got rid of my suburban.
thanks! Suburbans look good laid out.

Originally Posted by Slooby
I like the paint, are you planing in going back with the factory molding to?
Yes all the moldings will be going back on the truck

Quick Reply: 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come