Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby
Default Re: 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

Originally Posted by ferio
Yea im gonna run electric fans, still looking at what kind of cam to run, and th400 for now till i come across a 4l60e somewhere.
I snagged one up for my daily for about $450 used from a salvage yard.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

Not much progess still waiting on my rear dropmember to come in so i can dig into it. Just getting it ready to pull the bed and cab off the frame and started stripping my engine harness to get rid of the wires i dont need and make a stand alone harness. btw stripping a harness is a pita, does not make the fingers feel good trying to remove all the loom and tape.

and a few parts that came in. long tude headers, lokar oil dipstick, rear airbags, and steering linkage to adapt to the mustang rack and pinion. Also got camaro oil pan, 255lph fuel pump, corvette fuel fliter and all the fittings, ls1 intake, fuel rail and injectors, ls1 water pump and tensioner, flywheel kit to run the th400 behind the ls motor, dirty dingo water pump spacers and idler pulley relocation bracket so i can run the ls1 intake with the truck brackets. Accuair air management should be here today.

Hope the rear dropmember shows up next week and i'll have more pics to come.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute

Raceline Phat Bullet wheels, 22x8.5 on 265/35r22 and 22x10 on 285/35r22

Old 06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

Subscribed!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

I think the wheel combo is gonna look nice on this truck.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered member

Put the rear wheel on to make sure on the backspacing and i think its going to be perfect. Rear suspension is getting cut and welded next week and should be shipping out by the end of the week so hopefully i'll have pics of it layed out in about 2 weeks maybe less.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

jdmjoe jdmjoe jdmjoe jdmjoe jdmjoe jdmjoe jdmjoe jdmjoe jdmjoe jdmjoe jdmjoe

yes.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

Maybe the end product will change my mind but as of now I am not a fan of the wheels.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Registered member

Few more updates its been slow going and excuse the tornado that went threw the garage.. lol. Hopefully i'll have the rearend back under the truck tomorrow and the 4 link mounts tacked in place on the rearend.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Registered member

Brian @ Sage making some of my stuff shiny and durable

Rear suspension all put together

Finally what i wanted to see. Frame laying on the ground

Quick Reply: 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come