Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

Thought I'd start a build thread on my truck since im actually starting to get moving on it. I first purchased the truck when I lived in memphis for 300 bucks it ran and looked rough but had a good base to start my never ending project. Its a 1986 GMC C1500 Sierra shortbed, my first plan was to just rebuild the 350 and do a 5/7 drop on 22's and paint and just be content with that but i knew I wouldnt be satisfied with just a drop and wheels. So I changed my mind and now plan to bag it all the way around with Porterbuilt Dropmembers front and rear http://www.porterbuiltfabrication.com/forum.php , Michigan Metal Works flat plate upper and lower control arms, Lm7 swap ( iron block ls1), and 22 inch billets. As far as the body of the truck im going for more a resto mod look, stock tu-tone paint scheme with all the chrome trim etc. It going to have Full autometer gauges one piece side glasses and flush mount rear glass all from One Piece Products. Updating the front end to 89-91 blazer/suburban gmc style grill and double headlights. The bedfloor will be raised up instead of having a huge hole in it to make the bed still somewhat useable. Im sure i'll add more to as I go along with the build but this is just a start to get things going. On to the pics!

Beginning, front end tear down to rebuild and install 5/7 drop (of course it was a complete truck before these pics just never snapped any pics). If you just want to go to my photobucket and look through the pics. http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...Gmc/?start=all

Mind changed to bag it, ordered the front porterbuilt dropmember it all came in raw steel and had Brian at Sage powder coat the crossmember and all the brackets for me. The dropmember lets me use a mustang rack and pinion instead of the factory gear box and steering linkage, and moves everything up into the frame so the crossmember and arms stay off the ground when the truck is aired out also moves the crossmember forward to center the wheels in the wheel well.

Dropped the LM7 in but needs to come back out so I can swap in a camaro ls1 pan and car intake the truck pan hangs down about 2 inches and hits the ground and the truck intake hits the hood

The rear dropmember is ordered 3-4 weeks on it and now in the process of pulling the bed off again and the cab so I can roll the frame into the garage to install the rear dropmember and run all the brake lines and fuel lines install the blazer gas tank or fuel cell install the accuair system. Then get the body back on the truck and measure the backspacing to order my 22 inch billets. Hoping to have the truck driveable by summer then get it ready for paint and do the interior. Will update as things progress.

Last edited by ferio; 04-30-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:59 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

DOPE!! SUBSCRIBED!!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway
Default Re: 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come

Me likey!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:26 PM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

hopefully, I can get some lead way on my 66 so I can start updating my build thread, but been doing to much with my daily driver to start back in on it, hoping to get some of the wiring worked out before the 12th do I can take here out to the somospeed meet.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Skippy

Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz

Yes. This looks nice man.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:11 PM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Subscribed....

cause owner is cute as fawk.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:32 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

In for this. I fucking love these trucks and certainly plan on having one for a project sometime in the near future.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude pieisgude

Hurray for something different!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Make sure you ditch that shitty clutch fan. Cam it while its out, and throw a good vlave train into it. what trans are you using?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
Make sure you ditch that shitty clutch fan. Cam it while its out, and throw a good vlave train into it. what trans are you using?
Yea im gonna run electric fans, still looking at what kind of cam to run, and th400 for now till i come across a 4l60e somewhere.

Quick Reply: 1986 GMC 1500 Build Thread, Bagged, ls swap etc. lots of pics more to come