Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

03 Mustang Cobra Matte Blue Metallic

Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: 03 Mustang Cobra Matte Blue Metallic

if i ever decide to build another car im pretty convinced at this point i would want you all to wrap it. work looks great
Old 12-14-2012, 09:17 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Old 12-15-2012, 05:59 AM
Exotic Vehicle Wraps

N8VCOMP has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FLiPrayZin240sx
About how much wrap does it take to wrap a car this size? I've been reading about this and the more I read it, the more I'm intrigued to try it. I've read that matte vinyl are hard to maintain vs the shinier metallic/bright wraps, is that true?
To wrap a vehicle this size you need at the minimum a roll of 20yards x 5feet. This is to say you cut all the pieces (panels) correctly and do not have any accidents along the way of installation. Easiest way to install is to do panel by panel rather than a whole side at once. Goal is to never seam anything which presents an authentic paint look (overlapping vinyl). I would recommend if you were to try a whole car go for a 25yard roll to have some room for error, or even buy a smaller roll and just try a hood, roof, etc.

As far for maintaining the vinyls they both have their own pros and cons. I've noticed upon applying gloss vinyls it is quite easy to scratch them with the squeegee. Whereas matte colors upon excessive stretching you may discolor the vinyl slightly as it becomes thin, this can happen to gloss as well though. With matte vinyls the hard 'maintenance' is only that if you have grease on your fingers and touch the wrap it may leave a little mark. This goes away quickly though with a rag and 70% alcohol though. Vinyl in general is very easy to maintain once it's on the vehicle and only requires a microfiber rag and alcohol at the minimum. They also make vinyl care kits, but it is not exactly necessary. Also you don't need to wax ever again, handwashing does the job.

@PootieTang, thank you.

Last edited by N8VCOMP; 12-15-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Agreed on the wrap job looks amazing,but that the car looked much better in the original color.
We did a Jeep in Realtree camo at work,and did the doorjambs and all interior pieces that are exposed metal(around door panels,pillars,etc),and it was a complete PITA,even with being able to seam it without it being noticable(the pattern repeats every couple of feet,so you can seam it easily).Really makes me appreciate the quality of the job on this Mustang.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Exotic Vehicle Wraps

N8VCOMP has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TNGChris
Agreed on the wrap job looks amazing,but that the car looked much better in the original color.
We did a Jeep in Realtree camo at work,and did the doorjambs and all interior pieces that are exposed metal(around door panels,pillars,etc),and it was a complete PITA,even with being able to seam it without it being noticable(the pattern repeats every couple of feet,so you can seam it easily).Really makes me appreciate the quality of the job on this Mustang.
Door jambs really are much harder than anything else. It takes a lot of thinking to figure out how you aren't going to seam anything. The RealTree camo i'm sure must've been interesting in the jambs having to deal with repeating patterns and not distorting the image. Last I worked with it, it was quite fragile vinyl. Although it was pretty cold out which I'm sure was a factor in that.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Going Nowhere Fast

S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt

Great work, I really like your car, can't even imagine how fast it is.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

I need to realtree one of my turdgens... because mullet.

Mustang looks great.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Iroc-Boost
I need to realtree one of my turdgens... because mullet.
That would be epic.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:40 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by S2Kitt
Great work, I really like your car, can't even imagine how fast it is.
I'm more interested because it has a Hellion system but just looks like a single and it makes 1000whp?

I'm suprised it hasn't been in KOTS with those numbers.

That being said...I like the wrap
Old 12-18-2012, 07:21 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Ok that's an incredible wrap.

Quick Reply: 03 Mustang Cobra Matte Blue Metallic