Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Your opinion: new daily for under $10k

Old 05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all
Default Your opinion: new daily for under $10k

I'm looking for a fun to drive, daily to replace an aging Volvo 850 T5-R. To meet my daily driver criteria, the car must run on regular or mid-grade gas and get good gas mileage. I drive 35-40 miles to/from work each day. Fun to drive (in this instance) emphasizes light wight and nimble. Also, RWD/AWD is a must. Straight line acceleration isn't a big factor and my 240sx takes care of that need.

Cars I'm considering, currently:

Impreza 2.5RS (1999,2000)
3-series BMW (E30, E36)
Mazda Miata
Toyota MR2 N/A 2.2L
240sx

My plans would be wheels, suspension, brakes?, minor cosmetics, and free/cheap horsepower mods. The car must be reliable and legal and I may take it to an auto-x on occasion. I definitely favor cars that share factory upgrades with other models (e.g. STi brakes on the Impreza). I'm looking for more suggestions or pro/cons for my current considerations. Please let me know if there are certain years/options to avoid or look for.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun
Default Re: Your opinion: new daily for under $10k

yeah... id get a civic still and just enjoy the mpg.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

Well, if I really wanted a fwd car, I'd look at a Sentra SE-R. I'm not saying I need 40mpg. 25mpg+ combined city/hwy would be nice right now.

I'm hoping some folks with 3-series BMW and Impreza 2.5RS experience chime in.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Ford Escape. I get like close to 25mpg now after a tune up, and I never get hassled by cops.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

jdmsh1t66 has disabled reputation

240 all the way .... bmw too expensive on reg service, if you have any testicals at alll you wouldnt get cought dead in a miata or mr2.... second choice would be not a rs but a wrx ........just my op
Old 05-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

jdmsh1t66 has disabled reputation

240 is also cheap to turbo and it is fun as hell to drift a lil