Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

is your car mods insured??

Old 01-19-2003, 01:55 PM
in search of light

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3lyjohn will become famous soon enough
Default is your car mods insured??

Im thinking about adding modification coverage to my insurance . Made me think about it after all the car being broken in lately.So, are there members here that have mod. coverage? if so how much more will it cost me. glad i kept all my reciept even the one from overseas. In a span of 21/2 years i spent a total of $6k+on Mods
Old 01-19-2003, 03:13 PM
In Hoc Signo Vinces

I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang I4Stang

If you do, saying that your insurance will go sky high is an understatement
Old 01-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Drag757

Slammed Sentra is an unknown quantity at this point

each insurance company is different, depending on who you have, you may want to call them and ask them, with out giving them your info........ hope this helps...
Old 01-19-2003, 07:15 PM

nimmo is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd like to find an insurance company that won't drop me for having mods let alone insure them. i was happy with geico until they found out i had mods and dropped me, now i'm stuck with progressive and a $446 a month full coverage insurance bill.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:02 PM
McLovin

BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts

when i was thinkin about doing an engine swap in my prelude my insurance guy said to just keep the reciept. i guess that goes for mods too, not sure though. i have state farm

Last edited by BLACK JEFF; 01-19-2003 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:03 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

my cars full coverage.. i had to battle the bitches for 3 months, but i eventually got a $1500 check for my TV that was stolen..

headers and shit like that though... i dunno.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:25 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Good idea? NO. You will never get back the money you pay for the extra coverage. Plus a smart underwriter will recognize the parts you cover as racing parts, and not only raise your premium to adjust for the extra coverage, but also re-evaluate your risk as a driver. You could be placed in higher risk class/company and/or be dropped.

Keep it quiet. And if something happens to your mods, take it as a loss.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:50 AM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

I took pictures of all the crap in my car. That way, if it's stolen, I have proof that it was in the car. I don't have receipts because most of the stuff is second-hand or I've had it for so long I lost the paperwork. Anyway, USAA said that's all I would need was photo proof that it was in/on (whatever) the car and they'll over it w/o having to have extra coverage. I made sure to tell them the stuff was for "show" purposes so I wasn't put into the "racing" coverage.