Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

A year or so ago i saw racing baby seats????

Old 01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Gettin it!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya
Default A year or so ago i saw racing baby seats????

Does anyone other then recaro make these seats im having a kid in a few months and i would really like to get one of these for my s14 and for my aby as they seem safer then a regular seat. Anybody know of nay or have links i would really appreciate it.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E
Default Re: A year or so ago i saw racing baby seats????

Try going on google.com, and typing in recaro baby seat. Just a wild thought, it might work!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 03:15 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

http://www.recarochildseats.com/
Old 01-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde

Hes asking other than recaro
Old 01-07-2008, 03:25 PM
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts

jegs sells a simpson one

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_676449_-1

whenever i have a kid i plan on getting one. for piece of mind
Old 01-07-2008, 04:03 PM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by 2fast4ya
Does anyone other then recaro make these seats im having a kid in a few months and i would really like to get one of these for my s14 and for my aby as they seem safer then a regular seat. Anybody know of nay or have links i would really appreciate it.

I wouldn't buy a baby seat based on brand name alone. Sure, Simpson and Recaro make great products, but they are not a baby seat company. Instead, pick one that fits your kid. A properly fit baby seat is your best option/ safest option for your kid. Keep them facing rearward as long as possible. Rearward facing seats have been proven to be the safest. Your kid's sternum isn' t strong enough to take an impact only supported by the belts. The better option is your kid's entire back against the entire width and height of the back portion of the seat, hence the rearward facing seat being the best choice. Make sure it's properly installed base on what kind of seat belts / retractors that are in your vehicle. If you have any questions on proper installation you can get the assistance at the local Fire Department or State Police. I'm certified in the seat installations, and glad to answer any questions you may have.

Last edited by SMOKEYBEAR; 01-07-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:40 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Smokey is right, don't buy it cause it looks like a cool racing seat, safety first. Infants MUST be rear facing, no exceptions, and neither the Simpson or Recaro is a rear facing seat.

Britax makes the safest car seats out there, lil pricey, but this is your child's safety we're talking about, so it's worth every penny, imo. We have a four month old and use the Diplomat, which is convertible and can be used rear facing and then forward facing when they get bigger. I think it was around $260.

http://www.britaxusa.com/Default.aspx
Old 01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Gettin it!!!

2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya 2fast4ya

After making this post i realized that i cant get a recaro style seat till at least 1 year old since it isn't rearward facing. Do not get me wrong the the first, second and infinite things on my list when looking at a car seat is my childs safety. The recaro seat offers nice side impact protection so i was thinking that. Thanks to anyone who has and gives me input on a nice infant seat as i want the safest and most comfortable seat for my child.

Last edited by 2fast4ya; 01-07-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:38 PM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2fast4ya
After making this post i realized that i cant get a recaro style seat till at least 1 year old since it isn't rearward facing. Do not get me wrong the the first, second and infinite things on my list when looking at a car seat is my childs safety. The recaro seat offers nice side impact protection so i was thinking that. Thanks to anyone who has and gives me input on a nice infant seat as i want the safest and most comfortable seat for my child.
Check out the Britax website, they have side impact protection also, and looks like they cost about the same as the Recaro seat.

Oh, and congratulations!
Old 01-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Nunchuck Skillz

TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound

yeah i've got a britax roundabout... pretty nice
expensive stuff though.

Still haven't figured out why they are "the best"
Nice and all.. but I still don't see a difference. But mommy had to have it.
but i will say.. when using a rear facing.. it is nice to have a "Compact convertible" . Because of the height.
Trying to see over the seat is more difficult in a full size convertible.
And even with it being a compact, it's a tight fit in the evo.
I think our next one will be a Britax Marathon or Boulevard

Last edited by TomsSound; 01-07-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Quick Reply: A year or so ago i saw racing baby seats????