Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

WTF, who is this guy? (Scammer?)

Old 07-26-2007, 06:09 AM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ
Default WTF, who is this guy? (Scammer?)

The weird shady email he sent me about buying a 50 dollar head, then i did a search under his email and it bought this up http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=249158

sounds weird to me, anyone else get anything like this?

Hello

I am interested in buying the d16y7 head 50 bucks that you have laced for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the resent condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the ayment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking rice as I will be paying with a c/e/r/t/i/f/i/e/d c/h/e/q/u/e.

Lastly, lease forward to me your full comany's (or mailing address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently refer reaching you through these
facilities.

Yours interestingly,
Ismail Osman
Email me back your consideration at: mx_0003@yahoo.com for confidential purposes.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:11 AM
BOOBS>EVERTHING!

4drgsr 4drgsr
Default Re: WTF, who is this guy? (Scammer?)

it's a scam.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:12 AM
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold

the name and all the spelling errors would red flag me....
Old 07-26-2007, 06:23 AM
Mermaider

MAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these parts

As a genenral rule of thumb, if there are that many typos don't bother, the person may be an idiot that can't spell or something more.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by marcusgnf
c/e/r/t/i/f/i/e/d c/h/e/q/u/e.
Someone that knows that those words could be flags and writes them that way is a scammer.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:31 AM
I love WaWa

Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul Paul

I guess scammers are getting more desperate. I can't believe someone would try and scam for something that is only $50.00 and probably useless to him. Pretty funny.

When I was selling an aquarium I had someone send me an email like that saying they wanted it immediately and that they were going to pay me via an escrow service and that I should ship the entire item to them. The aquarium with rocks, sand and other materials was close to 1000 pounds...
Old 07-26-2007, 07:15 AM
٩███۶ wilrep 4 a leg

ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ ಠ__ಠ

Originally Posted by Paul
I guess scammers are getting more desperate. I can't believe someone would try and scam for something that is only $50.00 and probably useless to him. Pretty funny.
yeah thats what got me, i could understand if i was selling some super rare thousand dollar jdm part or somethin, but its a 50 dollar nonvtec head, do they honestly think im gonna take a check or attempt to ship it?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Banned

quickvic is an unknown quantity at this point

the ones with typos like that are usually foreign
Old 07-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

joshuaa3 has disabled reputation

OOOOOOOOOMGGG!!!!!!!

who cares. just delete these scam emails and continue your life as normal and quit making posts about it.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:33 AM
SHIPRIDER

Vwgtimk3 has disabled reputation

Yeah i get emails from craigslist posts all the time, talking about giving me a job as a representative making thousands of dollars for 2 to 3 hours a day. quite annoying I would say.....