Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

window tint pettition?

Old 05-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SERious reSPECt has disabled reputation
Default window tint pettition?

I was just randomly taking a look at the VA tint laws, everyone and their momma knows its 50% front 35% rear.... but thats not what I was looking for. I was curious as to what the region average was just to see how strict VA was. All 5 states boarding VA pretty much have 35% all around (exception is TN they allow you to go darker in the rear.... like 18% I think). Now I know why there is a tint law but I dont know exactly why the commonwealth feels the need to be more strict. I mean I know its for the safety of the police but does that mean residents MD, NC, WV, TN, and KY are potentially any less violent? Are these other states police at any higher risk to danger because of the 15% difference in the front windows? I mean if resident is going to be dangerous during a routine stop he probably is going to be just as dangerous regardless of what percent tint is on the window if any at all. Are there any stats supporting the need for VA front windows to be lighter than the above mentioned states?

So anyways with all that said I was just wondering if and how you would go about pettitioning a change in the law if at all possible or if there is already one in effect and where to go to find it.

Feel free to discuss or correct me about anything I've said. If anything I've said doesnt seem reasonable please do correct me. I dont wanna feel ignorant of misinformed so I'm open to a different opinion or perspective on it. I just feel if I am crossing any state boarder and Im perfectly legal in that state why should I be illegal in this state?... I know the law is the law and I sound like I'm contradicting myself but I'm really just questioning it.

Last edited by SERious reSPECt; 05-11-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation
Default Re: window tint pettition?

cuz u live in the common wealth

/thread
Old 05-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 1slowxr4ti
cuz u live in the common wealth

/thread
Thank you for stating the obvious. You are correct about that. The more I think about it, there appears to be no clear reason for the 15% difference in the front window other then for the "common wealth" to generate revenue. But just cause the commonwealth says bend over and take it, Im not, not without at least questioning it first. You go ahead and be my guest since you seem so eager.

There is a process to make a change and I just want to know how.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Just a warning. Don't post a link to a petition here. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24

Not a bad idea.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Corey
Just a warning. Don't post a link to a petition here. Thanks.
Thanks for the headsup. But I am clueless as to why... censorship / forum rules or something?

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the rules. Good look. But I can still inquire as to how to correct?

Last edited by SERious reSPECt; 05-11-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:11 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Try reading the rules...
Old 05-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by justmeandmyspec
Thanks for the headsup. But I am clueless as to why... censorship / forum rules or something?
It's because a thread is created once a week where someone will post a link to an online petition in hopes of accomplishing ______________________.

Last edited by Brock Obama; 05-11-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

VA is bad but cali is like 70%. another reason i dont want to go home.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BCisme
VA is bad but cali is like 70%. another reason i dont want to go home.
Yeah I know, I was looking at other states like NY and that sucks. I know it could be worse. But all the states around VA are 35% all around, what difference would it make for VA to do the same? I also believe pulling someone over strictly for window tint is bogus but thats a totally different arguement. I'm just focusing on this minute 15% difference...... someone please tell me WHY besides its the law....

Quick Reply: window tint pettition?