VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   why this place die all the sudden? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/why-place-die-all-sudden-491464/)

err 12-22-2017 09:04 PM

why this place die all the sudden?

just picked up a drift car. came back here after a decade and its dead af. someone tell me who knows how to dial this backyard beast in. I only build bikes, I don't fuck with the drift yet. So I don't know shit.

In arlington.

TATTRAT 12-23-2017 04:50 PM

Re: why this place die all the sudden?

It's been dead for a couple of years now.

Hooch 12-25-2017 07:04 AM

Social media cut the head off of localised forums of all types. Facebook groups is what happened.

sidewaysil80 12-26-2017 07:15 PM

Not true. EVERY other forum I frequented is still alive and well and active.

This one was run by a bunch of homo erotic obsessed “peaked in high school Rob Lowes” that bullied new members. By scaring off all the new members and old ones losing interest, this forum has become a ghost town. This is a result of the constant one upping of who could be a bigger prick and pack mentality. Sucks but it is what it is.

For drift stuff head over to zilvia.net, it’s a graat site for nissan s/z chassis and a lot of drift related info.

TATTRAT 12-28-2017 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 (Post 8374385)
Not true. EVERY other forum I frequented is still alive and well and active.

This one was run by a bunch of homo erotic obsessed “peaked in high school Rob Lowes” that bullied new members. By scaring off all the new members and old ones losing interest, this forum has become a ghost town. This is a result of the constant one upping of who could be a bigger prick and pack mentality. Sucks but it is what it is.

For drift stuff head over to zilvia.net, it’s a graat site for nissan s/z chassis and a lot of drift related info.

Partially true.

eXploited 01-10-2018 02:47 PM

Fuck me.

NasTHatch 01-11-2018 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by eXploited (Post 8374395)
Fuck me.

I would fuck you

Niburu 01-12-2018 11:45 AM

IB Forums bought it a few years ago and started the downward spiral.

JacKal 01-17-2018 06:39 PM

I can somewhat agree with Sideways but then again we’re assholes to people on FB groups who do the same annoying shit they did here and they don’t leave those groups. I feel like Hooch and Sideways both have valid points in why it died. My other forums haven’t gone this far down (yet) but activity is definitely in severe decline.

HkArmy7 01-18-2018 10:15 AM

Maybe investing in a good simulation gaming system. Xbox 1 has a game called Forza, or Playstation has a really good game called Gran Turismo. Both of those games cover a lot of ground in racing as a rookie and all the way to professionalism as a race/drift driver. Thanks, have a good day.