Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Why do the majority of you prefer a slower car for your money?

Old 11-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Re: Why do the majority of you prefer a slower car for your money?

Originally Posted by FR3SHT0D3F
I also have to say that I hope you aren't generalizing all modified imports as being "ricey".
Originally Posted by Cobra4B
BTW cars like 3kgts, supras, STIs, and Evo's don't count... basically this is directed to ricers and driftas etc.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Ghetty Green

J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30

to a lot of domestic owners, if you drive anything that is japanese/korean made, you are a ricer. I was on the chrger forums and its the same way over there, no matter how non "ricey" your honda/toyota/nissan etc. etc. looks, your still a ricer.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:24 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Think this guy just needs the reality of that everyones got a personal preference. In all honesty, speed is nice, but everyone has a lil something for certain cars...it just so happens that smaller imports appeal to the masses better.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:26 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

haha, youre a ricer jay!
Old 11-30-2005, 06:28 PM
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

i'd always pick a 4 cylinder that could beat a v8...something about having half the motor and winning gets me all tingly feeling
Old 11-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Actually I like J-dirtys car.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by j4k3
i'd always pick a 4 cylinder that could beat a v8...something about having half the motor and winning gets me all tingly feeling
Yeah but how about loosing most of the time.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
MLB! Lets GO!

Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas

Plus the sound... no import sounds better than an american V8
that is the truth, and i drive an import.

ive thought about that time and time again. with import 4 cyls, you spend more for parts, ie. header/exhaust/cams, and you see a lot less hp gains from them, as you would if you put the same parts on a v8 engine.

one reason, would be insurance. im not sure how much cheaper, but i can imagine that a civic dx would be a lot chaper than a v8 mustang.

but i just know the reason i got my car, is it just happened to fall into my lap. i worked at a import (acura) dealership, and one of the techs there bought car from the used car dept, fixed it up, and i bought it. i got a great deal on it, and parts for it are easy to get for me, so it just made sense.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

Originally Posted by j4k3
ok....... um, shooosh.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

Seems most import drivers buy a slow car and dump a shit-ton of money into it just to get ahead or rice it out. All this when could have started with something faster to begin with.

This forum on the z06 board spiked my interest read it... http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91561 (if you can, might have to be a member) Basically one guys realization that the "hotrod" is dying... young kids want civics and prefer ricer mods to making a car truly fast.

Why? Why do you want a shitty civic or something when you can can get a damn fast mustang or camaro for the same price.

Plus the sound... no import sounds better than an american V8

It’s because a lot of younger people don’t have a bunch of money to drop right off the start. When I had my civic I had it for about 3 years before it started to become a little fast. Also it’s cheaper to get more speed out of a cheaper car then say an STI. I could buy a cheaper car and get some good HP before I get close to the STI price.

Also there are a lot pf people who don’t buy there first car. Most parent are not about to buy there son/daughter an Evo.

There are the people who just like civics or whatever. I like the way a 92 hatch looks, and had a lot of fun on back roads with it.

Last but not least it’s the type of people you meet first. If the first time I was in a fast car and it happened to be a built mustang and not a turbo civic I would have more interest in mustangs. Everyone I new when I was younger had some kind of civic or something.

O well, you can make anything fast so I don’t care what a car looks like, sounds like, or were it was born.

Quick Reply: Why do the majority of you prefer a slower car for your money?