Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Why are the brand new mustangs still using an outdated antenna design?

Old 09-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Sorry. Not really.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve
Default Why are the brand new mustangs still using an outdated antenna design?

Was driving next to this brand new Saleen Mustang and I noticed that our cars had something in common. The same old ass antenna design. Why is it that Ford still uses this archaic design on their flagship sportscar? Anyone know? Imagine how much cleaner it would look without this big ass coat hangar on the fender. With all the advancements in antenna technology, I just don't get why Ford would still use that outdated antenna. From what I gather, it retracts at least.

I mean I love the car and would snitch on Reloaded to own one but damn what an eyesore.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed sea6speed
Default Re: Why are the brand new mustangs still using an outdated antenna design?

New mustangs have the antenna in the rear, still it's an old style design.

My guess is the same buyers that don't want IRS also don't care what kind of antenna Ford uses.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:24 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Re: Why are the brand new mustangs still using an outdated antenna design?

Originally Posted by BentValve
Why is it that Ford still uses this archaic design on their flagship sportscar?
I'm not sure why they haven't upgraded/updated to independent suspension yet, wait what were we talking about?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

http://www.americanmuscle.com/14in-antenna.html

/thread
Old 09-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Originally Posted by BentValve
Was driving next to this brand new Saleen Mustang and I noticed that our cars had something in common. The same old ass antenna design. Why is it that Ford still uses this archaic design on their flagship sportscar? Anyone know? Imagine how much cleaner it would look without this big ass coat hangar on the fender. With all the advancements in antenna technology, I just don't get why Ford would still use that outdated antenna. From what I gather, it retracts at least.

I mean I love the car and would snitch on Reloaded to own one but damn what an eyesore.

Thats not a brand new mustang...

Last edited by Sun Wukong; 09-10-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by sea6speed
My guess is the same buyers that don't want IRS also don't care what kind of antenna Ford uses.
I think that's pretty accurate probably. Maybe they just stick with what's comfortable.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Scoutn757
I especially like the "Fits 1979-2009 Mustang".
Old 09-10-2010, 08:24 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Because it's fucking faster...

WHAT?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

im with OP. ford needs to get with the times, from the factory. i mean, think about all of the technological advances past the antenna.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Too bad ford isnt with the times but still shitting on GM and Chrysler...sad.