Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Who tunes Evos???

Old 11-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IgotMoneyJGP has disabled reputation
Default Who tunes Evos???

Should be picking up an evo 8 this week. Lots of things done to it, pretty much built but I want to change a few things that Would require a tune anyone know a good tuner
Old 11-11-2014, 09:29 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: Who tunes Evos???

OK, lets try this again.

Where are you located? That is going to help a ton.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Registered member

yahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these parts

https://www.facebook.com/dave.katz.18?fref=ts

Dave Katz tuned my eclipse on an EVO 8 ecu.

Tom @ tcompusa did my second tune (remote tuning)

Both were good tunes. Tom was a bit more familiar with tephra vs Dave but Dave is local.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

I'm in the Richmond va area.. I hear adrenaline has a awd dyno but ehhhh
Old 11-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Where Is this Dave guy?
Old 11-11-2014, 09:11 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Looking for problems? You're the one starting a thread about tuning a car you haven't even bought yet. Well I certainly hope that when you buy that Evo with 154,000 hard miles on the clock (and I'm sure you will) you'll post pictures up here and tell us which shop you decided to have it tuned at. Maybe a few pictures of an Evo would make this thread at least partially worthwhile.

Seriously though man, I don't care what the owner says, there's no such thing as a babied 154,000 mile modded Evo. The type of people who buy Evos don't do it to drive slowly. They do it because they've got Ken Block syndrome and want to hoon around in something that's both fast as a raped ape and relatively practical. There's nothing wrong with that, but it makes them not the best cars to buy secondhand and certainly not with that many miles on it.

Maybe instead of "who tunes evos" this thread should be "what car should I buy?". Judging by the two cars that you've inquired about I'm guessing you've got a budget of about $15,000. It also seems like you may need or prefer something AWD and quick. Have you considered purchasing a Volvo S60R? They're available at the same price with about a third the mileage and nothing makes panties hit the sidewalk with a wet audible slap like a Volvo. Seriously man, opt for the leather because the jank you'll be wiping off the passengers seat does not come out of cloth ya'dig?
Old 11-12-2014, 02:55 AM
Anal hammer

JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal JacKal

GotMoney listen to what he's said. If it's got 150k on it, 140k of that is having it absolutely balls to the wall fast as fuck.
I've owned two, I ain't about to kid no one I beat the the fucking shit out of that car. Everyone of my EVO buddies did the same.
If you "got money" to repair it all the time have a blast.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:45 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

OK. Cleaned up this thread and warned the appropriate people.

Do not make me do this again.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:11 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by IgotMoneyJGP
Where Is this Dave guy?
I'm pretty sure his shop is in Stafford Va off Potomac creek drive (by The Range in Stafford).
Old 11-12-2014, 09:30 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
OK. Cleaned up this thread and warned the appropriate people.

Do not make me do this again.
Oh yesa massa I zuck yo dick. For real though I'll be good. I tried to make up for it with some genuine advice which I really hope the OP listens to for his own sake. Nothing like blowing 14 grand on a car you end up hating.

Quick Reply: Who tunes Evos???