Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

who makes best clutch?(HONDA)

Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiophile24 has disabled reputation
Default who makes best clutch?(HONDA)

in recent i have had problems with my ACT stage 3 unsprung clutch not holding the small amount of torque i am generating. so after talking to a few people on the street i decided to go with a comp clutch stage five but now i have a certain friend that says comp clutches are poop. anyone have any experience with competition clutch failure or act failure for that matter?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:59 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87
Default Re: who makes best clutch?(HONDA)

www.honda-tech.com
Old 08-18-2009, 02:38 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

ive had better luck with f1 ebay clutches than i have with any other brand name clutch manufacturer. Ive ran the f1 clutches on mlutiple turbo and n/a setups of my own and have installed them in other cars and theyve done great. and there a shit ton cheaper. just my input
Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

i used the stage 4 in a single cam turbo and it did great, and i have used stage4 xtd and comp cluthces with b series turbo......no issues..
Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 AM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

Originally Posted by audiophile24
in recent i have had problems with my ACT stage 3 unsprung clutch not holding the small amount of torque i am generating. so after talking to a few people on the street i decided to go with a comp clutch stage five but now i have a certain friend that says comp clutches are poop. anyone have any experience with competition clutch failure or act failure for that matter?
i had a comp twin disk in my car making over 500 tq and it was great, went threw 2 motor setups but the same clutch, only reason i only got ride of it is cuase we switched to a carbon to carbon tilton

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
ive had better luck with f1 ebay clutches than i have with any other brand name clutch manufacturer. Ive ran the f1 clutches on mlutiple turbo and n/a setups of my own and have installed them in other cars and theyve done great. and there a shit ton cheaper. just my input
those f1 cluthes are poop, iv personly put them in more than one car and 8k later i was putting a new clutch in cause the springs in the disk pop out, theres not enought material around them holding them in..

im not being trying to sell u on comp clutch just cuase im a dealer, but i have yet to have to send one back, and we have sold 30-40 clutchs this year
Old 08-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

soooo the verdict is that comp clutches are a good clutch?
Old 08-21-2009, 06:02 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by RameyBuilt

those f1 cluthes are poop, iv personly put them in more than one car and 8k later i was putting a new clutch in cause the springs in the disk pop out, theres not enought material around them holding them in..

im not being trying to sell u on comp clutch just cuase im a dealer, but i have yet to have to send one back, and we have sold 30-40 clutchs this year
well,also a factor is the clutches were on lower hp cars, im sure the cars you were putting them on were prob making 300 and more hp to the wheels, the cars ive put them in and in my own personal setups were only making like 260 or less to the wheels. Definitely not saying they are the best clutches, ive just had great luck with them and they are decently priced, i had mine in my boosted gsr for quite sometime and never a problem, also in my boosted ls and no problems. I had a few brand names before that and they took dumps on me, not cause the clutch material, but the construction of it. like the springs were popping out or the clutch disk and the rivets coming out of the material plates, was crazy. My next setup I will try a comp clutch and take your word for it since your a dealer for them. do they have some type of warranty on them ?, you said you havent sent any of them back so im assuming they have some type of warranty .
Old 08-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Just because it doesn't fail, doesn't mean it's a good part. It's like saying "I've had three eBay turbos and none of them have failed". That's not really saying much of anything.

Anytime someone says they have a name brand stage 3 unstrung clutch (or whatever similar type) that can't hold their meager power, the first thing I think of is that the install is poor, or the flywheel hasn't been stepped/resurfaced/cleaned/broken-in properly. There are very well known reasons that clutches don't work properly, and it's usually the same predictable reasons every time. I've never had a quality brand of clutch fail because of material or construction problems. Don't skimp on price, and don't buy some off-brand part off of eBay. There are reasons that parts are really cheap compared to other parts, and usually it comes down to poor design, poor materials, and someone in China/Taiwan/India/etc getting paid by the part (and not the hour).

There's a lot of good clutch brands out there; there isn't a reason to buy from a crap brand.

And why are you running a stage 3 unsprung on a street car? That's a little overkill, and it isn't giving you anything except some extra driveline stress and shock load.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 08-21-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:25 PM
#Trendy

Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio

Comp Clutch. Ive used a Comp Stage 4 on my 215+hp all motor setup and my 450hp+ turbo setup and they both held up phenomenally. Wont ever use another brand clutch in anything
Old 08-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Works on S2000's.

C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory

Spec Clutches are quality stuff, in my opinion.

Quick Reply: who makes best clutch?(HONDA)