Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

WHo has their car regestered in NC, I'm sick of these taxes and fees

Old 05-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Luxury = Love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty
Angry WHo has their car regestered in NC, I'm sick of these taxes and fees

Im fed up with personal property taxes, inspections, city sticker fees and the like and I'm considering getting my car registered out of state.

Exactly, How do I go about this process?

My brother lives in NC so having an family address down there is no problem.

I just can t justify paying VA just for the pleasure of owning a car.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: WHo has their car regestered in NC, I'm sick of these taxes and fees

I think you're going to have to prove that you're a resident of the state. Just giving an address isn't going to be adequate. I may be wrong though.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Banned

important is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHo has their car regestered in NC, I'm sick of these taxes and fees

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I think you're going to have to prove that you're a resident of the state. Just giving an address isn't going to be adequate. I may be wrong though.
yes,you will have to have atleast a personal mailing envelope with your name and the adress of that house,just order something off the internet in your name and have it mailed to that adress,or do a online mailing catalog,mailed to that adress
Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Luxury = Love

Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty Royalty

take our man B for example. he lives here but his car is regesterd down there.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:10 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Get a Post Office Box in NC.

Problem solved.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Fuck inspections, fuck stickers.

One of the only things I like about MoTown. No inspections.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:35 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by Royalty
take our man B for example. he lives here but his car is regesterd down there.
Just change a couple of your bills to go down there and change them back when you're done with everything. You'll still have to pay tax in NC and be subject to whatever inspections they require.

Your insureance company might have some questions about it being registered in NC and parked in VA, though.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Luxury = Love

USAA questions nothing.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:38 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Okay. I didn't know you had USAA. You're golden.

Might as well get an NC license while you're at it.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

you also won't be forced to have a front plate, which I think is awesome. there is state inspection, though. and depending on where in the state your "residence" is, possibly personal property tax. so you might get out of city sticker fees, but that might be it.

Last edited by IRR0MPIBLE; 05-22-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Quick Reply: WHo has their car regestered in NC, I'm sick of these taxes and fees