Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Who has delt with Colonial Collision on Virgina Beach blvd.?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:45 AM
ahhhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who has delt with Colonial Collision on Virgina Beach blvd.?

Any one have positive or negative reviews on Colonial Collision center? My car was in an accident and was towed there friday morning(Didn't really have a choice, it was the closest repair place to where the accident took place). I'm not in VA, nor have I delt with these guys before.

Brief summary, since I was not the driver... turning left on Little creak road from Granby, turned to early and struck the median, drivers airbag deployed, limped car to nearest parking lot. Car towed to Colonial Collision center
It looks like 3 of the 4 rims are fucked, and I believe the front left suspension needs to be replaced completely. The front bumper is jacked, possibly L front headlight.

I called VW and one wheel is $317. Insurance is USAA if that matters(Tire replacement is covered with them)I know I have to pay the collision center my deductible, but ultimately I can decide if they replace them with OEM VW wheels or aftermarket as long as they are the same price or cheaper, can I not?

Really what I am asking is how flexible are they going to be when it comes to what I want? Insurance is USAA if that matters(Tire replacement is covered with them)
Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: Who has delt with Colonial Collision on Virgina Beach blvd.?

Is this median an actual wall or did you actually set off your air bags by hitting a curb?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:23 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

I have USAA and they will not replace the stock wheels with aftermarket.....
Old 01-22-2011, 11:35 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

You are able to choose your repair shop in Virginia and certain shops will help you but some won't...I try to save my customers most of their deductible...while other shops want it all....I've never heard anything bad about them though...
Old 01-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

OneBadSSS has disabled reputation

Colonial Collision does great work. I have had them repair two vehicles for me in the past and they turned out great and the service was very good. I also have insurance with USAA if that helps...
Old 01-22-2011, 01:33 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Is this median an actual wall or did you actually set off your air bags by hitting a curb?
I was not driving, but it was the median, not a wall, and yes the drivers airbag went off by hitting a curb.

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
I have USAA and they will not replace the stock wheels with aftermarket.....
Even if they are cheaper? I know some insurance companies will elect to use oem equivalent parts rather than parts directly from the dealer. I guess I would have to take that up with the repair shop. Or just ask USAA to pay me the estimated amount minus the deductible, and I'll only fix what's needed to get it driving again.

Originally Posted by nftuatn
You are able to choose your repair shop in Virginia and certain shops will help you but some won't...I try to save my customers most of their deductible...while other shops want it all....I've never heard anything bad about them though...
Are you in VA or NC? How far are you from them, pm me if need be please.

Originally Posted by OneBadSSS
Colonial Collision does great work. I have had them repair two vehicles for me in the past and they turned out great and the service was very good. I also have insurance with USAA if that helps...
Thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 AM
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

turning left on Little creak road from Granby, turned to early and struck the median, drivers airbag deployed

Was it a woman driving? Lulz.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 PM
ahhhh

Originally Posted by backtoarms
turning left on Little creak road from Granby, turned to early and struck the median, drivers airbag deployed

Was it a woman driving? Lulz.
Ding, ding, ding,....tell him what he's won Pat....
Old 01-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan

Ah, thought the name sounds familiar, they did work on my S2000.

Overall? I give them a C-/D+

Reasons:

- Paid extra to paint my AP2 lip with EXPLICIT instructions NOT to install it - they installed it their way by cutting up my bumper and permanently damaging it
- Claimed they could fix my plastic tabs, didn't even touch them
- Paint match was pretty good
- Found a cigarette lodged in the fender/door area
- Overspray everywhere, literally
- Missing and ill-fitting plastic fender lining clips
- Time? Went over by about 2 days, they forgot to paint my lip I paid extra for
- Alignment? Horrible, I couldn't believe they actually tried to give it to me like that. Took it to Berts and got it fixed
- Painted right over some chips in the paint, I have lovely clear coated blemishes
- Prep work, I think they did not use enough flex additive in my paint? I have a spider crack in one place and rock chips all over the lip
- Bumper doesn't sit 100%

Oh the gem of it all though, were supposed to replace my tire that had a fucking huge gash in the sidewall (not through it but a chunk was sliced up and barely hanging), they COMPLETELY FORGOT to even order the fucking tire. I inspected the car and immediately found the issue, had to wait for them to get the tire and then mount it. It was a mismatched tire on top of that.

My summary? I wouldn't have them do it again, I was too fed up to have them redo stuff on their own, I'm going to be redoing my front soon and will just buy a new bumper then.

Feel free to shoot me a PM and ask anything
Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 PM
ahhhh

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Ah, thought the name sounds familiar, they did work on my S2000.

Overall? I give them a C-/D+

Reasons:

- Paid extra to paint my AP2 lip with EXPLICIT instructions NOT to install it - they installed it their way by cutting up my bumper and permanently damaging it
- Claimed they could fix my plastic tabs, didn't even touch them
- Paint match was pretty good
- Found a cigarette lodged in the fender/door area
- Overspray everywhere, literally
- Missing and ill-fitting plastic fender lining clips
- Time? Went over by about 2 days, they forgot to paint my lip I paid extra for
- Alignment? Horrible, I couldn't believe they actually tried to give it to me like that. Took it to Berts and got it fixed
- Painted right over some chips in the paint, I have lovely clear coated blemishes
- Prep work, I think they did not use enough flex additive in my paint? I have a spider crack in one place and rock chips all over the lip
- Bumper doesn't sit 100%

Oh the gem of it all though, were supposed to replace my tire that had a fucking huge gash in the sidewall (not through it but a chunk was sliced up and barely hanging), they COMPLETELY FORGOT to even order the fucking tire. I inspected the car and immediately found the issue, had to wait for them to get the tire and then mount it. It was a mismatched tire on top of that.

My summary? I wouldn't have them do it again, I was too fed up to have them redo stuff on their own, I'm going to be redoing my front soon and will just buy a new bumper then.

Feel free to shoot me a PM and ask anything
How long ago was this?

Quick Reply: Who has delt with Colonial Collision on Virgina Beach blvd.?