Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Where does everyone find rare parts ?

Old 09-29-2015, 05:24 PM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuff4door tuff4door tuff4door tuff4door tuff4door tuff4door tuff4door tuff4door tuff4door tuff4door tuff4door
Default Where does everyone find rare parts ?

Just wondering where everyone is finding rare parts these days , like nwp etc.. Seems the usual sources are drying up with the influx of scene kids these days .
tuff4door is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 05:54 PM
  #2  
RIP DRAGVA-2016
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: super secret
Posts: 17,408
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Where does everyone find rare parts ?

what other brands are you looking for and for what kind of car?
NasTHatch is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 06:22 PM
  #3  
LET THE HATE FLOW
 
Yardjass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: Where does everyone find rare parts ?

What the fuck?
Yardjass is offline  
Old 09-29-2015, 07:05 PM
  #4  
i pooped a squirrel
 
Gen_Crunchytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ravaging shitholes
Posts: 9,348
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: Where does everyone find rare parts ?

Originally Posted by NasTHatch View Post
what other brands are you looking for and for what kind of car?
he didnt mention a brand, but given he said nwp im assuming its a honda.

OP could get in touch with ICB and Evasive to see what they have thats not on the sites
Gen_Crunchytoes is offline  
Old 09-30-2015, 07:58 PM
  #5  
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE
 
Trunk Impaired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western
Posts: 4,087
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired
Default Re: Where does everyone find rare parts ?

Since the question has been answered let's get philosophical real quick.

Rare parts are fucking stupid. They play to that 90's kid mentality of needing to be special and needing to differentiate yourself to a fault. Take it from someone who spent an embarrassing amount of time and money collecting them. If you think you want something that's considered rare then you really need to stop and think about why you want it. Is it something you truly like or just something you think other people will be impressed by? And if all you care about is impressing other people and getting whatever street cred you think there is to be gained from having rare parts then are you any better than the so called "scene kids"?
Trunk Impaired is offline  
Old 10-01-2015, 02:46 AM
  #6  
LET THE HATE FLOW
 
Yardjass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,436
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: Where does everyone find rare parts ?

Originally Posted by Trunk Impaired View Post
Since the question has been answered let's get philosophical real quick.

Rare parts are fucking stupid. They play to that 90's kid mentality of needing to be special and needing to differentiate yourself to a fault. Take it from someone who spent an embarrassing amount of time and money collecting them. If you think you want something that's considered rare then you really need to stop and think about why you want it. Is it something you truly like or just something you think other people will be impressed by? And if all you care about is impressing other people and getting whatever street cred you think there is to be gained from having rare parts then are you any better than the so called "scene kids"?
This. I basically buy what I like and don't buy what I don't like. There are some very rare and valuable parts that I think are fucking stupid. That said, it really sucks when you find something you really like and really want, and it also happens to be extremely hard to find.
Yardjass is offline  
Old 10-01-2015, 08:13 AM
  #7  
A.K.A Jebus
 
Scotty_Nooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NOVA
Posts: 10,665
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo
Default Re: Where does everyone find rare parts ?

Originally Posted by Yardjass View Post
This. I basically buy what I like and don't buy what I don't like. There are some very rare and valuable parts that I think are fucking stupid. That said, it really sucks when you find something you really like and really want, and it also happens to be extremely hard to find.
But brah my $1500 Feel's header makes my hondurp legit....
Scotty_Nooo is offline  
Old 10-01-2015, 07:04 PM
  #8  
RIP DRAGVA-2016
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: super secret
Posts: 17,408
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Where does everyone find rare parts ?

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes View Post
he didnt mention a brand, but given he said nwp im assuming its a honda.

OP could get in touch with ICB and Evasive to see what they have thats not on the sites
bro fuck ICB and Evasive with their price gouging for parts, I use another site to order shit and they CRUSH all other sites, especially PasswordJDM

fuck those guys too, after sending them links to the prices to see if they would price match because I hate waiting, they said no.

FUCK THEM, with a big Cactus
NasTHatch is offline  
Old 10-02-2015, 06:29 AM
  #9  
i pooped a squirrel
 
Gen_Crunchytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ravaging shitholes
Posts: 9,348
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: Where does everyone find rare parts ?

Originally Posted by NasTHatch View Post
bro fuck ICB and Evasive with their price gouging for parts, I use another site to order shit and they CRUSH all other sites, especially PasswordJDM

fuck those guys too, after sending them links to the prices to see if they would price match because I hate waiting, they said no.

FUCK THEM, with a big Cactus
Price gouging? Not only is evasive one of the only places I had ever found that had a legitimate website and customer service, they're prices have always been competitive or in some cases better than other shittier places. Same with ICB though they don't do a great job of updating the inventory on the site, they at least get shit to you in a reasonable time frame.

If you want rare parts you're going to have to pay for them. It costs a lot of money just to get the shit over here, not including the time and money companies spend searching for those parts and in a lot of cases sending employees to Japan to hunt for them.

Call it price gouging if you want, it's business. And businesses aren't in business to hook someone up because that person feels a set of type rx seats are worth the same as normal type r seats

Everyone wants top quality shit done for backyard prices and it doesn't work that way. You wanna pay pennies on the dollar for quality? Then you spend the thousands of dollars on equipment and thousands of hours perfecting whatever it is you're doing, and do it yourself. There's a reason you see turbo manifolds that are works of art selling for 2k or hand made knives selling for over 4K, and that reason is quality. Honda people are the only ones that don't seem to grasp this concept.

Last edited by Gen_Crunchytoes; 10-02-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Gen_Crunchytoes is offline  
Old 10-02-2015, 01:00 PM
  #10  
RIP DRAGVA-2016
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: super secret
Posts: 17,408
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: Where does everyone find rare parts ?

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes View Post
Price gouging? Not only is evasive one of the only places I had ever found that had a legitimate website and customer service, they're prices have always been competitive or in some cases better than other shittier places. Same with ICB though they don't do a great job of updating the inventory on the site, they at least get shit to you in a reasonable time frame.

If you want rare parts you're going to have to pay for them. It costs a lot of money just to get the shit over here, not including the time and money companies spend searching for those parts and in a lot of cases sending employees to Japan to hunt for them.

Call it price gouging if you want, it's business. And businesses aren't in business to hook someone up because that person feels a set of type rx seats are worth the same as normal type r seats

Everyone wants top quality shit done for backyard prices and it doesn't work that way. You wanna pay pennies on the dollar for quality? Then you spend the thousands of dollars on equipment and thousands of hours perfecting whatever it is you're doing, and do it yourself. There's a reason you see turbo manifolds that are works of art selling for 2k or hand made knives selling for over 4K, and that reason is quality. Honda people are the only ones that don't seem to grasp this concept.
When the site I use charges 50 dollars for a part plus shipping and password jdm charges 150 for the same part, it not business, it's a ripoff
NasTHatch is offline  

Quick Reply: Where does everyone find rare parts ?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: