Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Where do you see the import scene going?

Old 02-12-2003, 06:39 PM
co driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd
Default Where do you see the import scene going?

....and i'm talking about cars like the 4 bangers, not the super cars (like 300zs, supras, nsx's).

the past 10 years, the scene has thrived off the cheap 4 cylinders, like civics/integras mainly, and the other imports. aftermarket engine parts come in about anything you can think of to turbos/superchargers to valve train items.

where do you see the scene going. nobody is even looking at the civic anymore (01&up). i don't believe there are any turbo 'kits' for it. other companies are pushing honda out of the way, like nissan and mazda.

what do you see 'taking over'? what new products do you see. what hybrids, and crazy shit we wouldn't have even thought about 10 years ago, coming in our future? (turboed spec v's? turboed neons all over the place? supercharged accords? although it's a v6?) what's everyone's thoughts?
Old 02-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Registered member

socket_ has disabled reputation

well i think more car companies are going to bring back the turbo b/c of several turbocharged autos from different companies coming out as of late (i.e. mazda, dodge, etc)
Old 02-12-2003, 06:43 PM
enya mouf

DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU DeezUU

I can see the Asian scene swervin towards Mazda . They seem to have a real drive to produce a car aimed towards performance . When the got in bed with Calloway , that just bumped them up a notch or 2 !!

On the Euro side ... when VW releases the R32 next year .... there really won't be much competition for it in the sport compact scene !!
Old 02-12-2003, 06:50 PM
why5oh

jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s jeff s

i totally see a LOT more glow sticks.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:17 PM
wat

Sled has disabled reputation

Hell.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

Capster78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I see mazda, toyota and VW as the next companies who will cash in on the import scene.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:42 PM
poop

Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate Crate

well, the turbo fad will last im guessing 3-4 years. cuse by then all the morons who buy them and think a turbod vehicle runs solid while you abuse it without maintance will be dead. i dunno... hard to say.

rwd, beefier v6/i6 models will be the dominant force... not sure though. the 4bangers arnt going away. they are just going to get lighter to hang. thats the only thing i can think of... who knows what the hybrids hold in store. or other forms of combustion/energy.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:50 PM

Spoonfed is an unknown quantity at this point

i think drift cars will be the next thing........like nissans. the next car im gettin is a 97 240sx
Old 02-12-2003, 09:00 PM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

spoonfed, i agree with ya. after all, if this is following the whole japanese trend racing, drifting will definitely catch on hardcore here. i've been following it myself for quite some time. just over the past months, a few other people have been suddenly discovering it. we'll see.........only time will tell
Old 02-13-2003, 03:47 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

Originally posted by Spoonfed
i think drift cars will be the next thing........like nissans. the next car im gettin is a 97 240sx

Quick Reply: Where do you see the import scene going?