Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Where are the Chevy guys at?

Old 10-23-2004, 08:56 PM
To the future...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol
Default Where are the Chevy guys at?

So i just picked up a 99 s10 extreme and was curious what kind of things people were doing with them. Don't really know if i'll take the mod route with it as i just wanted something that would carry all my shit and not look too ugly doing it. Do they take V8 swaps and where are some good places to search around for parts and stuff. Thanks for any help.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:21 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default Re: Where are the Chevy guys at?

I saw a blown LT1 in a newer style blazer. He was running 10's all day long and yanking the wheels hard on drag radials. You should do that.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:50 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

fuck an LT1. 547 is where its at.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:55 AM
To the future...

Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol

Originally Posted by Shawn
I saw a blown LT1 in a newer style blazer. He was running 10's all day long and yanking the wheels hard on drag radials. You should do that.
damn no shit huh. that would be expensive i'm assuming though? where would you look for motors and are these direct bolt in swaps?
Originally Posted by fc735
fuck an LT1. 547 is where its at.
i'm guessing that's a crate motor. do you know if it fits in without mods or where could i go to check on that. i'm going to do a good old google search but i'd figured i'd check here since my favorites are just a bunch of honda links.

Last edited by Hart-n-Sol; 10-24-2004 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:03 AM
visuallyinklined.com

sebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the roughsebassttiann is a jewel in the rough

i got rid of my s-10 in favor of the ability to "lean back", have back seats, and a trunk but i enjoyed my mini trucking days. i kept my mods strictly visual due to the worstless 4 banger in it but v8 will go in there(custom or kit) just never did research in who could do it around here. try internet and s-10 forums its quite a popular mod.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:07 AM
To the future...

Originally Posted by sebassttiann
i got rid of my s-10 in favor of the ability to "lean back", have back seats, and a trunk but i enjoyed my mini trucking days. i kept my mods strictly visual due to the worstless 4 banger in it but v8 will go in there(custom or kit) just never did research in who could do it around here. try internet and s-10 forums its quite a popular mod.
thanks. i'll search around and your right the 4 is pretty useless. the truck looks fine like it is so i know i won't be bagging it or anything like that. it came with a ball hookup so i can tow but it would be nice to stuff something under the hood thats a little more suited for the occasion. i still plan on keeping the del sol and everything but it will def be nice to be able to go and pick up something when ever i want instead of asking to borrow or for help.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:10 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

547 is the biggest big block GM sells from the dealership. yes it fits. anything fits with the right amount of mig welder and plasma cutter work.
Old 10-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

interesting..... (I also own an '87 S-10.)
Old 10-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

LS1 + big stall + big turbo.

Call that shit a day.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:59 PM
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

You're probably the only person I've ever heard say they bought an Xtreme to haul shit in... I've never seen any of my friends that own Xtremes put anything in the back..

Ooh, I take that back! I do believe one of them crammed a GSX-R in the back of his once in a while, but I may be thinking of someone else.

They're cool trucks though!

Quick Reply: Where are the Chevy guys at?