Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Where to buy carpet?

Old 11-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Works on S2000's.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory
Default Where to buy carpet?

So, I'm in need of some carpet for my daily driver. It's a 93 Civic Hatchback. I've seen carpet on ebay, and it just doesn't look like its worth it. Are there any other place to order from, other than Honda? Its around $325 from Honda, which isn't too bad, but if there is a reputable place that has nice quality, and will save me some money, I'll do that.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered member

SamTing1337 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Where to buy carpet?

wal-mart...
Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

^ I was just thinkin that!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

My buddy got carpet for his DA a few years back. It was all black already cut/molded/and everything, it was really nice. I will text him tomorrow to see if he recalls the place he got it from.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

ACC is one of the best known places, and they heavily advertise in most of the mod magazines. www.accmats.com

You can pick just about any color of the rainbow for the common cars, and different types of carpet too. There are some mixed issues with installing non-OEM carpet, so keep that in mind. You might not have all of the cutouts and reinforcing pieces and that type of stuff, but that's not an issue in most cases as all of that will get covered by seats, trim, etc.

There are a lot of places out there, google "automotive carpet" and you'll get a ton of stuff. Try to find reviews from customers on forums and stuff though, because some of the aftermarket carpet fits like complete shit.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Works on S2000's.

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
ACC is one of the best known places, and they heavily advertise in most of the mod magazines. www.accmats.com

You can pick just about any color of the rainbow for the common cars, and different types of carpet too. There are some mixed issues with installing non-OEM carpet, so keep that in mind. You might not have all of the cutouts and reinforcing pieces and that type of stuff, but that's not an issue in most cases as all of that will get covered by seats, trim, etc.

There are a lot of places out there, google "automotive carpet" and you'll get a ton of stuff. Try to find reviews from customers on forums and stuff though, because some of the aftermarket carpet fits like complete shit.
Thanks. I will. I've already dealt with one company a few years back, and it was complete crap. If I have to, I will just get it from Honda. I was just seeing if there were comparative alternatives.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

Originally Posted by C Ory
Thanks. I will. I've already dealt with one company a few years back, and it was complete crap. If I have to, I will just get it from Honda. I was just seeing if there were comparative alternatives.
I've tried 3 or 4 in the past, and came to the conclusion that there aren't any carpet companies that can reproduce OEM-fit. Your best bet is to shell out the $$ and go with OEM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Works on S2000's.

Thats what I thought. Thanks Eric.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

OEM ftw. It was hell going into a civic with ebay carpet. once TIME and more TIME was put into it then looked good. but ill never do it again. go oem from honda
Old 12-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Carpet store.

/thread.

Quick Reply: Where to buy carpet?