Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Whats gonna happen?

Old 07-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Classified Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby
Default Re: Whats gonna happen?

Damn that sucks....
Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151 Joepiper151

Originally Posted by GrenadeCRX
Just out of curiosity... What did the old owner say?

I've always been curious if something like this happens is there anything the buyer can do... Since it was literally on the drive home? I know "buyer's beware" but damn...
The owner was a really cool guy. I met up with him in Florida for a few nights and he was a really nice guy. He was a certified honda tech and now he is with toyota as a service manager. He was in just as much of a panic as i was when i told him about it. Were hoping to hear something from insurance today about whats gonna happen so i'm getting really anxious.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

man that sucks. i think i would look into trying to fix it if it did not mess up too much vs buying another one.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Keeping It Real !!

ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer ravenracer

That's not good. good luck maybe you can still get some money for it.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by blackout
nice post. you work in insurance, brian?
I worked for GEICO for 2 years out of college as an adjuster. Haven't worked there since 2005.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I worked for GEICO for 2 years out of college as an adjuster. Haven't worked there since 2005.
thanks for straightening that out, i was taking a shot in the dark lol
Old 07-01-2009, 07:51 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by Joepiper151
Whats up guys. So i've always had a dream of owning a turbod s2000, and last week I thought it was about to come true. I sold my CBR600rr and my lsvtec del sol, and I found a beautiful s2000 turbo in West Palm Beach. So I flew down there last Tuesday to check it out. It was a 2000 silver 50,000 miles on the car 6,000 on the sleeved and ported motor and put down 501whp at 15psi. To say the least it was bad ass!

So I bought the car on Friday and started driving it back to va. I was just going to drive in 6 hr increments and stop in between because i was with my girlfriend too and she wanted to have a chill drive. So we get 5 hrs into the trip and the most unexpected/worst situation happened to us. All of my gauges read fine so I thought everything was fine. All of a sudden a fireball kicked out of the vents cut on the hood! So i pulled the car over as fast as possible and got the hell out and as far away as i could, because at this time there was a constant flame shooting out of my hood. The fire department said that the fuse box melted causing the fire.

Do you guys think insurance is going to try dick me or will they settle fairly?

my mind wont settle with the thought that i might of just lost 13 grand, has anyone had any experience with insurance and car fires?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

if they cover it, youre gonna be out 3grand..i think that year s2k is only worth 10.. if the claim came thru me, i would deny it. im sure the fuse box had something to do with the turbo. so you would be shit of luck, then again imma dick head in the claims world
Old 07-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

I'm not trying to be a dick but I would go after the guy that you bought the car from, if the insurance will cover the full value of the car.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by EEK
if they cover it, youre gonna be out 3grand..i think that year s2k is only worth 10.. if the claim came thru me, i would deny it. im sure the fuse box had something to do with the turbo. so you would be shit of luck, then again imma dick head in the claims world
You'd have no grounds to deny it... whether or not the turbo caugt fire of the mods caused the fire is irrelevant.

You may not cover the value of the mods in the event of a theft (assuming they're not endorsed on the policy), but that has no bearing on whether or not you'd cover the car.

Plus, in the state of Virginia you have to pay out for mods even when not endorsed on the policy. I can go into more depth but don't feel like typing it out.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:59 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
You'd have no grounds to deny it... whether or not the turbo caugt fire of the mods caused the fire is irrelevant.

You may not cover the value of the mods in the event of a theft (assuming they're not endorsed on the policy), but that has no bearing on whether or not you'd cover the car.

Plus, in the state of Virginia you have to pay out for mods even when not endorsed on the policy. I can go into more depth but don't feel like typing it out.
how would the mods be irrelevant? if something is connected to the fuse box and the wire was faulty from an improper install, you can deny the claim for owners negligence. The mods would not be covered unless he recieved recipts from the guy and everything is installed properly thru a shop and recipts would be needed for that. granted i work in speciality insurance where i can deny this stuff. but thats how we handle it.

Quick Reply: Whats gonna happen?