Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What was your first car? (yes.... I realize this has been done before)

Old 08-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default What was your first car? (yes.... I realize this has been done before)

The other thread where kid was asking about what to get for $13k got me thinking back to my first car. I really wanted a F-150, but my parents didn't want me to have a truck that large as my frist car (even though I learned to drive on my dad's '95 F-150). Thus, it was between a Ranger or a Ranger and Rangers sucked. We were at the Ford dealer test driving crappy Rangers when a shiney dark red car rolled in and a dealer employee started taking the tags off. It was a Probe GT that has just been traded in. Long story short... that ended up being mine a few days later.

Decent power (for the time) 164 horse from a 2.5 liter V6. FWD so I could only get in but so much trouble. Plus, IMO they looked very good. If anything it was Ford's marketing that screwed up with the naming.

Mine looked like this but with chrome wheels instead of painted... Laser red, 5-spokes, 5-speed manual and the spoiler...

Go!

Last edited by Cobra4B; 08-19-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:27 AM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt
Default Re: What was your first car? (yes.... I realize this has been done before)

My first car was a hand me down $500.00 1985 Toyota Tercel.

I still miss it.

Loked a lot like this one..

Last edited by DickButt; 08-19-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: What was your first car? (yes.... I realize this has been done before)

87 Mitsubishi Mirage
Old 08-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Pics of said vehicles would make thread more interesting.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

uhhh google isnt helping me
Old 08-19-2011, 08:41 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

97 Eclipse GS, I was too dumb to understand a GSX and a GS were different cars. So I put shitty springs on it and hardparked that bitch behind my first job at a dry cleaners. Oh and I found leather seats from a GSX to put in it and then I paid a bunch of money for a headunit and speakers only to sell it a few weeks later when the headgasket started leaking.

Name:  NXdbv.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  87.2 KB
Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 AM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

My first car was a 96 Integra LS, i was in auto body class at Chantilly High School and that car was donated to the class. Everything was fine except for the motor, countless amount of problems. Bought it from the teacher for $250, did all the body work myself and painted it with a couple friends from the class since the original paint was peeling already. It came out decent, not the best but not the worst paint job either. Bought a new LS motor and that same week I got it and i drove it for about 8 months...till it was stolen Cops found it 3 days later in Clinton, MD completely stripped, i didn't get it back just sent the title to them. It wasn't the greatest or hottest car but i still miss it.

It looked just like this except for the wheels.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:50 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

same condition....same color..120k miles, had a metal hanger holding the exhaust together........I bought it for $5.00 from my uncle in 1997, who bought this thing new off the lot in 86.....he upgraded to a 98 model.....No a.c...no power steering...smelled like a fuel leak at all times...I drove it for 2 years without blowing it up and traded it in for a new pos. How I didnt die in this thing is beyond my comprehension.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 08-19-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.5L V6

Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

My first car that was given to me was my mom's 89 Plymouth Sundance she had bought new. I got it in 97. Black, 2door, 4cyl, auto, red interiour (pimp status)
similar to this

My first car I paid for on my own was a 99 Honda that I got for $8500 back in 2001-2002 and paid it off 5yrs later then sold it

Quick Reply: What was your first car? (yes.... I realize this has been done before)