Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

WHAT TURBO!!!!

Old 03-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Blang Blang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com
Default WHAT TURBO!!!!

ok i have a quetsion.
ive got a sr with a bad turbo.didnt really wanna put another t25 on but im kinda stuck in the way of what i wanna do.could someone please tell me the actual names(entire) thing of each of the stock turbos from the different generations of sr so i can better find what im looking for.
s13 turbo=?
s14 turbo=?
s15 turbo=?

ive found a new garret t28 for 600 but im not sure if it is an s14 t28 or s15 t28 and i also dont know the amount of performace different between these turbos.any help on what i should go with and/or info on these turbos ive inqured about would be helpful.thanks

oh i am also going to be running stock injectors and a front mount for the time being.ive also got a koyo but other than that the motor will be stock so nothing too crazy
Old 03-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts
Default Re: WHAT TURBO!!!!

Nick,
Go with the Garrett GT28RS (disco potato) I can get it to you for the very low price of $1000 shipped.

Shawn
Old 03-05-2006, 01:31 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

s13 (redtop,blacktop) t-25, tinny, sucks ass
s14 (first gen notchtop) t-28 nonballbeaing, slightly better, but the stock turbo elbow sucks ass
s15 (final gen) dual ballbearing t28 with a cast wastegate devider.
for stock this one rocks
but do as shaw says, or you will regret it later.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

Originally Posted by V8 Hunter
Nick,
Go with the Garrett GT28RS (disco potato) I can get it to you for the very low price of $1000 shipped.

Shawn
god that sounds awesome but i am in no shape to pay a grand for a turbo right now unless i can do payments or something man.you can ask tom or grease,i would be good for them.if its possible let me know

Originally Posted by l8apex
s13 (redtop,blacktop) t-25, tinny, sucks ass
s14 (first gen notchtop) t-28 nonballbeaing, slightly better, but the stock turbo elbow sucks ass
s15 (final gen) dual ballbearing t28 with a cast wastegate devider.
for stock this one rocks
but do as shaw says, or you will regret it later.
no no no im talking like gt28rs and such.i went to garrets wabsite and need to know the differences to the t

oh and my super cool tax returns are only going to be like 19 bucks haha i fucked up something on my w4's so i have another 200 for ya buddy
Old 03-05-2006, 01:58 PM
you suck, i know it

*crys
Old 03-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Blang Blang

bitch i was crying too i was furious lol.come to the hotel im bored.roxy and the fetus can go swimming or something
Old 03-05-2006, 02:01 PM
you suck, i know it

k!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Originally Posted by drive
bitch i was crying too i was furious lol.come to the hotel im bored.roxy and the fetus can go swimming or something
Hotel? Twat? Sex?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Blang Blang

Originally Posted by Tom
Hotel? Twat? Sex?
ooo ya i do owe you dont i ya sack a ghey
Old 03-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

A GT28R (not RS) would be a slightly smaller, cheaper alternative if you're not looking for much power improvement over the stock piece. It's dual ball bearing also, but doesn't flow as much as the slightly bigger RS. The regular retail price difference is usually $400-500 though, so it might fit your wallet better. The GT28R has crazy fast spool on a 2L, it'll put a smile on your face..

Quick Reply: WHAT TURBO!!!!