Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

what size

Old 12-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
92hondadriven has disabled reputation
Default what size

i have type r with mild mods no motor work yet i have whale tail intake fuel exhaust test pipe 4to1 header nothing big yet i want ot start motor mods plan to go all motor set up with fuel rail, injectors, intake manifold, cams and cam gears and fuel pump. the question i have for you is what size pump injectore and what kind of rail should i go with any help i great

thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: what size

The stock injectors and fuel rail should be able to handle those mods without any problems, and there isn't any need to get a fuel pump. The mods you listed don't add very much power and the stock fuel system should have plenty of headroom. If you want to upgrade anything, upgrade the fuel lines so they'll be less restrictive.

Seriously, don't be one of those people who get a fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump so they can add a header, intake, exhaust, and and cam gears. You don't need it.

Don't believe me and want to listen to the bad advice your "knowledgeable" friends give you? Read this:
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/f...ems/index.html
Old 12-17-2009, 07:32 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

fabrik8 is right, you wont get that much gain with those mods. get some forged rods and high comp forged pistons and a great tuner along with the mods you listed (and you need springs and retainers with those cams) and you will get a lot better power gains. Its expensive building a high power all motor honda. but with all of that id go with a set of dsm 440's (need a resistor box) and a walbro 255 fuel pump. and prob a stock rail.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:50 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

BOOST>na

its all good to go N/A but youll ALWAYS spend a lot more for a lot of stuff just to be pretty easily beat by another honda with a boosted LS in it just saying...... but read Fabrik8's statement ..../thread