Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What to do??

Old 11-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231
Default What to do??

tonight while driving down chesapeake blvd., for the first time in forever, i hit one of the little manhole things sticking way up out of the ground, and it was unaviodable, there are like three in the road where each side road connects into chesapeake, and there was no way to miss these things, i swerved as much as i could but still ended up getting a lot of shit messed up on my car, those things stick so high up out of the road, when i hit it, it ripped my front lip off and push the bumper way up cracking one of my corner lights and knocking the other totally off the car, as well as bending the shit out of my rim. i was woundering if anyone knew if there was a way to get the city to pay for damages done to my car because of their poor roads? if so who do i contact, what is the best way of going about doing it and what trouble am i gonna run into with my car being modified and all?
also what type of eveidence should i get, the lights were ran over and pretty much gone, ive got the lip with me, but what should i do as far as going out there to take pictures of the roads and of my car?

any help on this would be great
thnx in advance
Old 11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Hodo has disabled reputation
Default Re: What to do??

Take pictures of the damage with a non-digital camera. Get pictures of the place where the damage was caused. And get a lawyer, you may not need one but it is nice to have. And contact your insurance agency and explain to them what happened. Cause getting the city to pay for anything is going to be a drawn out process that the city can afford to procrastinate on but you cant. Its best to let your insurance company sue them for the money and let the insurance deal with the rest.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Repeat offender

Stroker-ace is an unknown quantity at this point

you didn't call the police, or file any kind of report. you might be screwed on that one dude. Cause the city wont pay for anything if you dont have some kind of incident report stating WHERE and WHEN it exactly happened by a state/government employee (Ie Police officer)

BUT you an always try, it never hurts to try.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Try the search button since this exact question was asked about a month ago.

He's another question....how lowered is your car?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:25 AM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

The city of Norfolk will tell you your car is too low to the ground. You will get nowhere in a hurry. Let it go.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

yeah i was on there a couple days ago, i drove like 15mph avoiding those things, my srt is 3" to the ground and i didnt scrap a thing.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:49 AM
I wupped Batmans ass

euro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to all

Probably best to just go through insurance.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered Member

nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231 nogo1231

its low but the tops of the tires dont tuck into the fenders, you can still see the top of them