Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Weight Reduction help...

Old 02-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Mikey Double U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greatwhiteshark has disabled reputation
Talking Weight Reduction help...

I just wondering what are the typically ways to reduce the weight of cars... PM's and replying to the post would help, thanks!!!! (I'm going back to NY around June time frame and my brother has a 07 Tiburon that he's about to Super Charge and I need all the help i can get, btw i have a boosted 01 Tiburon)

Last edited by greatwhiteshark; 02-24-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan
Default Re: Weight Reduction help...

Rip out everything you don't need?

Seats, carpets, sound deadening, interior pieces, spare tires, etc
Old 02-24-2008, 06:30 PM
IM BACK BITCH"S

droptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Rip out everything you don't need?

Seats, carpets, sound deadening, interior pieces, spare tires, etc
yeah and if you want to lose more weight you could go on a diet.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:32 PM
XGP15A-II

J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX

rip everything out, thats pretty much it, or you can just make your jank faster and keep your interior
Old 02-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

honest questions: what does it weigh now? what are you trying to get it to? how much can you live without?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

It's pretty common sense, really. Take out what you don't want/can live without or what you don't need.

Excessive weight reduction is a good way to ruin a decent car though, IMO.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I agree. Unless this thing is going to be strictly for racing (legitimate racing) there's really no need to start tearing apart the interior. I doubt the weight reduction you would get (short of literally removing everything but a drivers seat) would be that noticeable anyway.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:58 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by XCELR8
It's pretty common sense, really. Take out what you don't want/can live without or what you don't need.

100% agreed....unless you make it a drag car, dont rip everything out of it like many of those cars out there...its not worth it, you really dont save a whole lot of weight (unless you go all out gutted, which includes dash..)(and ripping out carpet will really do nothing at all except look ugly inside, i mean it weighs what, under 20lbs...??!!) you could always do the exterior, carbon fibre trunk, hood, doors, fenders, etc....but thats a lot of $$
General rule of thumb: Every 100lbs weight reduction, equals 1/10th a second off 1/4 time-- keep that in mind for a street car...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:02 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Buy the "race weight reduction" on need for speed and you're ready to go.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

heater core, ac, power steering, door bars, bumper supports, full interior. that there will lose about 150lbs. lol
get a fast car n don't worry about it.

Quick Reply: Weight Reduction help...