VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Water pump for a ZC DOHC (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/water-pump-zc-dohc-362628/)

99EKd16y7 09-12-2010 03:04 PM

Water pump for a ZC DOHC

I have a ZC DOHC and what motor from the U.S. Motor would i get a new water pump from??? Does anyone have a idea

Carino 09-12-2010 04:07 PM

Re: Water pump for a ZC DOHC

i think any Dseries will work... essentialy it is considered a a8/9

Edit... and theres ZCs over here me and my buddy were gonna pull onne out this crx at pick and pull

83Stang5.0 09-12-2010 08:34 PM

D16A1, out of an 88 integra

The dohc D series are entirely different from the sohc.

Carino 09-12-2010 11:32 PM

ooops yeah i forgot to say and DOHC Dseries lol

Mindless 09-13-2010 04:31 AM

88-91 civic/crx

OEM p/n: 19200-P01-003 or 19200-P01-004

TNGChris 09-13-2010 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mindless (Post 6566680)
88-91 civic/crx

OEM p/n: 19200-P01-003 or 19200-P01-004

+1

For fuck's sake-this is about the most common/easy swap in existance.I'm sure there are only a million sites with this info that a simple Google search would reveal....

83Stang5.0 09-13-2010 05:34 AM

Damn, I guess everyone wants a fucking motor with NO aftermarket support.

The only DOHC D series that came in any EF chassis car, was the D16A9, but only overseas. None in the USA.

So good luck trying to order parts off some European car...

TNGChris 09-13-2010 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0 (Post 6566785)
Damn, I guess everyone wants a fucking motor with NO aftermarket support.

The only DOHC D series that came in any EF chassis car, was the D16A9, but only overseas. None in the USA.

So good luck trying to order parts off some European car...

Uh,every service part for the ZC crosses over from an American engine.........The rest doesn't even deserve comment...............Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post?

83Stang5.0 09-13-2010 10:33 AM

If he wants to just go order a water pump, and needs to reference to motor's "American" counter-part, it would be the D16A1 out of the 1st gen Integra.

Advance/autozone/napa/etc aren't going to have listings for some specialty packaged vehicle only retailed in the UK.

The reason those motors weren't primarily continued on in the EF or DA, was they had the B16 at that point.

The original A/B series of that era was about to phased out as well.(Accord/Prelude)

TNGChris 09-13-2010 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0 (Post 6567397)
If he wants to just go order a water pump, and needs to reference to motor's "American" counter-part, it would be the D16A1 out of the 1st gen Integra.

Advance/autozone/napa/etc aren't going to have listings for some specialty packaged vehicle only retailed in the UK.

The reason those motors weren't primarily continued on in the EF or DA, was they had the B16 at that point.

The original A/B series of that era was about to phased out as well.(Accord/Prelude)

Maybe the OP can clarify,but I'm under the assumption that he's dealing with an 88+/blacktop ZC that was available in the EF chassis(and in some early 5th gen Civics in Japan in an OBDI version) in other countries(and it was far from a specialty,UK vehicle),not the 1st gen Integra variation.
I've done many of the ZC swaps into EFs,and I've always used the EF Si water pump,just as every site suggests.I've never directly compared the Si water pump to a 1st gen Integra one,so I'm not sure if there's a different mounting pattern,or simply a different number of teeth on the cog.Either way,they're two different part numbers,and I know the Si pump works,as everywhere/everybody suggests.

Regardless,of course any parts store here won't have listings for a foreign market model.You simply go in and ask for the application that can be found on any number of sites to get the appropiate parts.Is that a big deal?!It's the price you've got to pay to have 130HP of fury.I'm having a hard time understanding the reason for your rants.