Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Want to buy a cobra

Old 05-28-2009, 10:01 PM
DA CLAN!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the rough
Default Want to buy a cobra

So im finaly ready to buy a mustang cobra. Ive been saving up beacuse the last thing i want is a big ass loan. I really want a 6 speed terminator version like this one. (year 03/04) My price range is 23k.

Ive gone to see 6 and i cant find one with the correct mileage, supercharged, or hasnt been ragged out. Im looking to go with a kenne bell 2.6 swap and a mild engine build. Any help? or is anyone planning on getting rid of one? Or have any better choices? Im only willing to go with an 01 or newer car in the 23k range.

edit: Yea and anyone who owns one or has owned one, any problems that i have to be aware of?

Last edited by Wu TAng; 05-28-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme
Default Re: Want to buy a cobra

well umm the 01's werent supercharged so you are looking for an 03/04. and you dont need an engine build, just pop a 2.6 on it. if you dont want one that's been ragged, just look for a stock one. whats your limit on mielage? is white your color of choice?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:30 AM
DA CLAN!

Wu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the roughWu TAng is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BCisme
well umm the 01's werent supercharged so you are looking for an 03/04. and you dont need an engine build, just pop a 2.6 on it. if you dont want one that's been ragged, just look for a stock one. whats your limit on mielage? is white your color of choice?

I know the only ones that were supercharged were the 03/04 versions, i said if anyone had any other suggestions, i would be willing to consider them as long as they were in the 01 and up range. And as for an engine build I still would like to throw a new set of pistons, rods, and a new set of heads in the the equation(eventualy). For now the car will be a daily ( just to get some miles off of my svo) but eventualy im planning on taking it farther.(2.8 mammoth blower maybe?) My limit on mileage is around 60k and i just want any terminator cobras, not concerned about color at all.

Last edited by Wu TAng; 05-29-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:44 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

How are you doing your search? Are you looking at SVTPerformance and other Mustang sites?

I've seen a lot of nice Terminators for sale asking in the $25-26k range, so I would think that you should be able to find something that sutis your criteria in your price range.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:47 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Yeah, just buy an 03-04. You should be able to find a nice one at that price range. Pulleys and a tune and you are 450whp for 5-600 bucks.

Do it.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:56 AM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

There is no need at all to change out pistons and rods in an 03/04. Those bottom ends are stupid strong. Do autotrader searchers within 200-300 miles of your central point and youll get a huge number of returns. you can find them in all miles, price, color, conditions.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by Scoutn757
There is no need at all to change out pistons and rods in an 03/04. Those bottom ends are stupid strong. Do autotrader searchers within 200-300 miles of your central point and youll get a huge number of returns. you can find them in all miles, price, color, conditions.
+1 I have seen a few TT cobras with 800hp on stock stuff
Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Arm
WTF is Photoshop!?

Arm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the rough

I agree as well. The terminator blocks are retarded strong. You can boost and beat the shit out of them with no issues. Like dude said, I've also seen plenty of 700+ at the wheel Cobras with absolutely no issues. It already has FRPP forged internals but I could be mistaken.

Ps: svtperformance.com > The Market> Terminator Buy & Sell

Tons of termi's on there for between 18k-30k, I'm going to get one in a couple months as well
Old 05-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by Arm
I agree as well. The terminator blocks are retarded strong. You can boost and beat the shit out of them with no issues. Like dude said, I've also seen plenty of 700+ at the wheel Cobras with absolutely no issues. It already has FRPP forged internals but I could be mistaken.
Ps: svtperformance.com > The Market> Terminator Buy & Sell

Tons of termi's on there for between 18k-30k, I'm going to get one in a couple months as well

It does
Old 05-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Arm
WTF is Photoshop!?

Arm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the roughArm is a jewel in the rough

Yeah sweet, I thought so I just wasn't 100% sure.

for Termi's

Quick Reply: Want to buy a cobra