Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Want advice buying audio plox

Old 03-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Jive Turkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM
Default Want advice buying audio plox

Was looking for a place online that sells car audio stuff for a good price and wanted some recommendations. I'm getting new speakers for the Talon and was planning on getting Alpine Type S speakers and tweeters and an Alpine single din head unit. I'm not looking a show quality sound system obviously, just something that sounds decent and can be heard over my exhaust without breaking my wallet. If anyone wants to suggest different brands in the same price range feel free to, I just like alpine as I've had a set of speakers in my civic for 5 years and they still sound great.

PLOX & THANK YOU
Old 03-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx
Default Re: Want advice buying audio plox

sonicelectronix.com

and personally i LOVE hifonics.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 PM

itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16 itssteve16

that is a good site to get stuff from, but as far as speakers go if you like the alpines then go for it because in that price range it is mainly personal preference, if you like how they sound then thats what i would get.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Originally Posted by bbsIx
sonicelectronix.com

and personally i LOVE hifonics.
cool I'll check that out thanks

Originally Posted by itssteve16
that is a good site to get stuff from, but as far as speakers go if you like the alpines then go for it because in that price range it is mainly personal preference, if you like how they sound then thats what i would get.
Yeah it seems unless your willing to spend around $300 for a set of speakers it doesn't really matter what brand you get as long it's not sony or walmart crap, alpine's always seemed good to me.

Last edited by POS DSM; 03-11-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Jive Turkey

Anyone else? What would are some good speakers that sound ok without an amp? I was leaning towards Type R's but heard they suck without one.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:29 PM
sccooopp

Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat

incriminatoraudio.com
Old 03-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Jive Turkey

girl on homepage +rape
Old 03-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Well, first and foremost, your complaint about hearing it over your exhaust would be the first issue to address. I realize most wouldn't change their exhaust to lower cabin noise, simply to hear their music better. So instead, why don't you throw in some sound deadening (DIY material or Dynamat and the like)?

Second, since this is just for personal enjoyment (as opposed to rear poppin', beat stoppin', I got king Kong in da trunk), your standard Best Buy lineup will do just fine. This would include the Alpine Type S's... no amp needed. If I had to recommend run-of-the-mill equipment, I suggest the Infinity series, for the money.

Third, buy an amp. lol
Old 03-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Jive Turkey

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Second, since this is just for personal enjoyment (as opposed to rear poppin', beat stoppin', I got king Kong in da trunk), your standard Best Buy lineup will do just fine. This would include the Alpine Type S's... no amp needed. If I had to recommend run-of-the-mill equipment, I suggest the Infinity series, for the money.

Third, buy an amp. lol
lol....Appreciate it man...that's the kind of advice I was looking for. Sound deadening and an amp are a no-no as I'm trying to make my car as light as possible without sacrificing too many convenience features (hey every ounce counts), but I'm really leaning towards Type S's now. I just wanna be able to hear my shit on the highway, BOV and open dump suffice around town.