Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Wal-Mart Lube service

Old 11-26-2003, 06:19 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt
Thumbs down Wal-Mart Lube service

couple things! i got there waited 30 minutes only to find they didnt carry my filter, left came back with filter waited an hour-hour and a half only to find they couldnt get my old filter off, very displeased, although they did change the oil with 10w40 vavoline max life checked all the fluids and shit for free. although i think they should have done that and then some. just ta let ya know, find a diff place for oil changes they blow arabian goats
Old 11-26-2003, 06:22 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

who here other than gentleart DOESNT change there own oil?
Old 11-26-2003, 06:36 AM
Egz
Registered Member

Egz is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was on a business trip out of state, I needed a change in my beater, because I was due and had 1000 more miles to put on it. Stopped in at one close to where I was at the time, and found out later that they won't change it because of a small leak. LOL

As soon as I got home, changed it myself. Should have done it before I left.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:23 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by Honda-S2000
who here other than gentleart DOESNT change there own oil?

i was thinking the same thing.........do your shit yourself and you wont have to worry about people fucking it up.......
Old 11-26-2003, 07:34 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I have Stateline change mine. It costs the same as doing it myself and I don't have to do shit...plus I get that roadside assistance thing as long as they do it.
Old 11-26-2003, 07:59 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

thats why i get it done vtec, why would i pay 4 dollars less, just to get all fucking greasy, just took it to a vw dealer, its costing me about 8 more dollars for them to do it, and they are vw techs vs me being a half ass at putting a model car together tech.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:08 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

when did you go in there? what do you drive? im guessing by the fact that you live in newport news that you went to the yorktown walmart? you just picked the wrong day to go through there, because im guessing you went yesterday or this morning, which both are my days off. if anyone comes in with a nice car or a car with a dragva.com sticker, i always make sure they get quality service. the fact that they didnt have your filter though i cant argue, that happens often. i used to get my oil changed there, until they said they wont allow any car lower than 6 inches off the ground, because they fucked up some kids kit, once again, on my day off. haha, ok, so that places blows, unless im working. you shouldve brought your own filter anyways, fram $1.88 filters are gay.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:16 AM
Registered member

socket_ has disabled reputation

when my stepfather was in switzerland about 5 months ago, he wanted me to take his car to wal-mart for an oil change, well i ended up waiting 2 hours for a damn oil change.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:45 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

thats what happens. wal mart has some of the cheapest prices around, and we dont do just an oil change. we vaccuum, cheap tire pressure, clean the windows, check tread depth, check all the lights, check air filters, change the oil filter, change the oil, chassis lubrication, check fluids. all in all it takes about 30 minutes to do a quality job, and you can do two cars at once, so approx. 15 minutes per car in front of you. management gives us a 5 minute window per car in case of any porblems, so the approx. wait time is 20 minutes per car in front of you. if you have 6 cars in front of you, thats a 2 hr wait. never should it take that long, depending on who is working 6 cars should move in and out with an hour. basically if you dont have shopping to do, youre better off going to jiffy lube, especially if its after 3pm, because then we usually only have 1-2 people working.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

rhman15 is an unknown quantity at this point

One time up where I live(fredericksburg) they filled up my mom's car 2 quarts low. And another time they left their filter wrench up in the engine bay. Needless to say I do all the oil changes now.

Quick Reply: Wal-Mart Lube service