Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

VW golf 6spd?

Old 12-07-2004, 03:51 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default VW golf 6spd?

what models came with a 6spd manual transmission? my mother is in germany right now and the car she rented is a 6spd golf, but its a 4dr. only 6spd i know of is the r32 and the new gti, but i didnt know they offered them in a 4dr. info damnit!! haha, ill have pics when she gets back. apparently shes seen a few skylines and sylvias.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of
Default Re: VW golf 6spd?

337's and 20th aniversarys and some vr6's and r32
Old 12-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Too bad neither of those are 4dr golfs. I'm guessing Europeans get cool options we don't like AWD.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

*The R32 is available in 4 door in europe.

Also, depending on engine option and trim option, she could have a 4 door with a 6 spd. I'm pretty sure you can get 4 door 24v VR6s in Europe.

*bolded because no one ever believes me about this and I want to emphasize it. haha
Old 12-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Brian T
Too bad neither of those are 4dr golfs. I'm guessing Europeans get cool options we don't like AWD.
oops..my bad i didnt read the whole thread....
Old 12-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by Brian T
and V5s....and that is not a typo.

Also, the R32 is available as a 4 door in Europe. So he was right on one count. http://www.sportscartesting.com/news/vw/id471/pg2144

Last edited by Corey; 12-07-2004 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Corrado Butcher

G60ING is an unknown quantity at this point

Europe has a lot of options available for their cars that we do not get. I'd personally love a Jetta 4-motion (AWD for you nonVW people) with the 150HP TDI motor. The 4-motion is 6spd. The 150hp(236tq) TDI motor is easy chipped up to 182Whp and 313WTQ

Granted they have al lot of cars and options that we don't have but I believe the cars sell for a lot less here then in England or Germany
Old 12-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by greygti
*The R32 is available in 4 door in europe.

Also, depending on engine option and trim option, she could have a 4 door with a 6 spd. I'm pretty sure you can get 4 door 24v VR6s in Europe.

*bolded because no one ever believes me about this and I want to emphasize it. haha

Why would you want a four door though? That would look ghey.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Why would you want a four door though? That would look ghey.
Look at it. I posted a picture in a post above. It's not that bad, but I don't like the smaller doors.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

It really is THAT bad.

2 door =

Quick Reply: VW golf 6spd?