Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

volvo questions

Old 09-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Seek and Destroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kliph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default volvo questions

im about to buy a volvo.
im kinda tired of the race idea (i got plenty of time) and stuff so im just buyin a cool lookin car i can use for beach trips and my drums.

but...out of curiosity what stuff can i do to it

its a 1985 DL (stick) its a cool ass car and im getting it mad cheap.....what can be done to a car like this?
Old 09-06-2003, 07:02 PM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation
Default Re: volvo questions

Originally posted by kliph
im about to buy a volvo.
im kinda tired of the race idea (i got plenty of time) and stuff so im just buyin a cool lookin car i can use for beach trips and my drums.

its a 1985 DL (stick) its a cool ass car and im getting it mad cheap.....what can be done to a car like this?
pm growley. he seems to know his stuff about volvos (not trying to be a dick, growley)
Old 09-06-2003, 07:30 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

250 dry shot and slicks.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:36 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas
Default Re: volvo questions

Originally posted by kliph
im about to buy a volvo.

DONT DO IT
Old 09-06-2003, 08:47 PM
bye
dirt the flirt.

bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye bye
Default Re: Re: volvo questions

Originally posted by zappas
DONT DO IT
Old 09-06-2003, 09:06 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

put a 302 in it... v8 bricks are nice.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's a B23 motor in that, there are lots of things that can be done to them, from simple filter intake wires to turbocharging kits, cams, and bottom end stuff... Suspension and braking. These cars while slow(low 18 stock) corner extremely well despite their tendancy towards body roll. An excellent platform if you ask me. I own a 1987 245 DL if you want to talk more.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:45 AM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

The 240 line had a turbo in it for a long time. Several good groups make things for it. Its a pretty good car. I used to own a 1981 245. Only issue was the overdrive going out on the 4 speed. It was actually a weird idea they had in 81. Take the stock 4 speed and add a overdrive to the back. Press a botton on top of the shifter to go in and out of overdrive while in fourth. Didnt even need a clutch. When it worked it was great. It often would pop out. Other then that the car went 220K while in my hands. It has great brakes for the day and is a very solid car. If the ac had worked better I would not have sold it. We bought it in germany and had the ac added on in VB. Never worked that great. Long story to say. Great Car for what you want it to do.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:14 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny you mention that the MGBs with 4 speed manual had the same button type overdrive, but it added an additional 100 lbs to the weight of the car
Old 09-07-2003, 08:46 AM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

bringing the grand total to 200lbs.

Quick Reply: volvo questions