Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

VIS vs. Seibon

Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Uno Mas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone
Default VIS vs. Seibon

I'm going to purchase another carbon fiber hood to replace the demolished one on my 93 Prelude. These are pretty much the only manufacturers I have found that produce one for my car. Prices aside, I'm looking for you guys' opinions on these two companies and who puts out a better product?

First hand experience would be best but I'm open to any thoughts or suggestions.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:22 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Re: VIS vs. Seibon

Originally Posted by p-stone
I'm going to purchase another carbon fiber hood to replace the demolished one on my 93 Prelude. These are pretty much the only manufacturers I have found that produce one for my car. Prices aside, I'm looking for you guys' opinions on these two companies and who puts out a better product?

First hand experience would be best but I'm open to any thoughts or suggestions.
I can't really tell you about hoods, but I recently replaced my VIS spoiler with a Seibon one with the LED and I think it was a mistake. The quality of the weave looks about the same, but the fitament is horrible. It took A LOT of grinding to get it to fit right and it's still not perfect. I don't know that I'll ever purchase another Seibon product. I Emailed their customer service about the problem and sent them pictures of the fitament. They told me it was installation error and then wouldn't answer any other Emails. I'm not impressed with them as a company.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Works on S2000's.

C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory

I had a Seibon hood on my Integra, and it fit great. My girl had a VIS hood on her 04 Accord, and it fit great. But, I've heard that Seibon parts are known for not fitting the best.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

Thanks for the reply Flite, this is the kind of info I am looking for. Shitty customer service will defenitely shy me away from a company. Keep the info coming guys.

Edit - thanks Cory. BTW, I'm out of Amsoil
Old 05-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

jaeguyoon has disabled reputation

had VIS, all I can say is good things about them.

But after awhile, I just came to a conclusion, OEM is the best.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Uno Mas

Originally Posted by jaeguyoon
had VIS, all I can say is good things about them.

But after awhile, I just came to a conclusion, OEM is the best.
Normally the way I feel as well. With a 2800lb car, I'm trying to save weight where I can though.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:06 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Seibon fits for shit.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Uno Mas

So far I've gathered : Seibon doesn't have the best fitment or customer service. Anybody else's opinion?
Old 06-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

I've dealt with both for the past 10 or so yrs now. I think they are just getting shitty molds and reusing them x100000. The price is getting better, but it's 50/50 on either. 2yrs ago it was SEIBON 100% VIS=Crap, then there was last yr. don't buy either, now this year VIS is making a comeback. Without a local dealer or supplier with stock in-hand it's all 50/50.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:26 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

I have a VIS on my JDM front 'teg and it fits fairly well. It sits a little high going over the shock towers, but it's not terrible. I've never had any personal experience with Seibon, but I've always heard bad things about their fitment.

Quick Reply: VIS vs. Seibon