Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Virginia Red-Light Laws.

Old 11-30-2004, 08:52 AM
+rep!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBXboost has disabled reputation
Default Virginia Red-Light Laws.

At what point is it considered "Running a red-light?"

My buddy Todd got pulled over in Norfolk as he was doing the speed limit through a yellow light and the light turned red overtop his car. He was way past the white line and I am trying to find out whether he was really guilty of running the red light or if the cop was just bored.

Any info?
Old 11-30-2004, 08:59 AM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE
Default Re: Virginia Red-Light Laws.

If it were yellow and he could have stopped, he should have.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:13 AM
+rep!

OBXboost has disabled reputation

he was doing 30 in a 35 in pouring rain......if he would have tried to stop, he probably would have slip....
Old 11-30-2004, 10:18 AM
21-PSI

1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts

Well then maybe your friend was driving to fast for the conditions.
But i always try and stop when it turns yellow, I don't want a stupid ticket like that on my record. Only cost you 5 minutes at the most, instead of $75.
Just my .02
Old 11-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

True fact: In the state of Virginia, you can get a ticket for running a yellow light.

I have seen this.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:25 AM
Registered member

slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx

what i learned a few years back in a driving class i had to take was that if you are inside the solid lines extending back from the thick white line where you are supposed to stop, you can go, and even exclerate. thats what i learned the law was, not that a cop cares, he will pull you if he wants
Old 11-30-2004, 12:15 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

He has to stop before the white line before the light turns red. If the light turned red over his car, that is legally considered "one car-length" and he is guilty. Just pre-pay it and go about your business.

If it's raining and he was going to fast to slow down, don't say that in court. I would bet $100 that the judge will just say ".. then why were you going that fast? You're lucky you weren't issued a speeding/reckless ticket as well, for not slowing down for the weather conditions."
Old 11-30-2004, 03:04 PM

speed_racer_fff has disabled reputation

The state of VA has stupid laws
Old 11-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Banned

R6onE is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree
Old 12-01-2004, 01:21 AM