Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Virginia Inspection Question

Old 04-30-2007, 03:35 AM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Virginia Inspection Question

I'm thinking about running a dumped exhaust on my car with down turns, but i have heard that in different states there are different rules on wether or not your exhaust has to physically exit the car at some point. I have heard that in some places it has to exit the car and in other places your fine as long as its past the passanger compartment. Anyone know the rule for VA?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:39 AM
what you lookin at?

s13nnva23 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Virginia Inspection Question

in va it has to be past the passenger compartment. also it has to be OEM spec to pass inspection. now if u have antique tags for the car then u can do what you want to it but it still has to go past the passenger compartment but it just means u can get away with alittle more. hope this helps
Old 04-30-2007, 04:27 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

well the car is a 96 so i kinda doubt i qualify for antique tags. Can you either verify what you mean by OEM spec or link the actually law?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:56 AM
what you lookin at?

s13nnva23 has disabled reputation

what i mean by oem is basically has to be stock....anything done to your vehicle is illegal if it wasnt from the factory.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...10000000000000

thats the only link i can come up with.....some laws are kinda sketchy but all in all should help u out....
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Technically its illegal because it didn't come from the factory that way.
If you're that worried about it, buy a set of tail-pipes you can BOLT (read not weld) back on for inspection time.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by Philbert
Technically its illegal because it didn't come from the factory that way.
If you're that worried about it, buy a set of tail-pipes you can BOLT (read not weld) back on for inspection time.
you were thinking about doing this too right?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:05 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Dumps get old quick on a daily driven Mustang FYI.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:07 AM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Dumps get old quick on a daily driven Mustang FYI.
the drone that bad? i figured with turn downs it wouldnt be horriable
Old 04-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
you were thinking about doing this too right?
Think? I did.
My "dumps" or "45 degree side exits" as I refer to them as do not drone whatsoever. I actually liked the sound when I ran open muffler, but exhaust gasses stewing about under the car was probably not a good idea.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:16 AM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by Philbert
Think? I did.
My "dumps" or "45 degree side exits" as I refer to them as do not drone whatsoever. I actually liked the sound when I ran open muffler, but exhaust gasses stewing about under the car was probably not a good idea.
sweet are they still on your car? I might have to take a look at them.

Quick Reply: Virginia Inspection Question