Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Vehicle Laws

Old 01-16-2003, 10:47 PM
I'm not into cars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reXer has disabled reputation
Default Vehicle Laws

If there are any VA automobile laws that you would like researched and explained in comprehendable english so you know exactly where the line is drawn on certain issues... let me know. Or if you can think of a good popular vehicle law for me to research for the benefit of the rest of the people on the site... that's fine too. Speak up please... I need your input.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:00 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

I believe in Virginia, any modification to a vehicle that changes the factory specs, which include stuff like ride height, bulb color, engine performance, even tire size is technically not allowed. And if that isnt it, its pretty damn close as most of you all know. Tint can be 35 back 50 front on passenger cars.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:21 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

In reference to replacing parts with OEM specs. We know this is a law (though it violates vederal law). What if you manufacturer no longer makes parts for your vehicle? Are you free to do as you will?
Old 01-17-2003, 04:34 AM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy
Default Re: Vehicle Laws

Originally posted by reXer
If there are any VA automobile laws that you would like researched and explained in comprehendable english so you know exactly where the line is drawn on certain issues... let me know. Or if you can think of a good popular vehicle law for me to research for the benefit of the rest of the people on the site... that's fine too. Speak up please... I need your input.
Who are you and what makes you think you know stuff?????
Old 01-17-2003, 06:11 AM
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Re: Vehicle Laws

All I need are subjects you want explained... you don't have to try and explain them to post them.
Originally posted by Tonka Toy
I'm Mike and I never said I know stuff.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:18 AM
Site Founder

sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung
Default Re: Re: Vehicle Laws

Originally posted by Tonka Toy
it's why somebody invented research.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:57 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

Originally posted by SHOFEAR94
I believe in Virginia, any modification to a vehicle that changes the factory specs, which include stuff like ride height, bulb color, engine performance, even tire size is technically not allowed. And if that isnt it, its pretty damn close as most of you all know.
i've heard that, and i'm pretty sure it's true, but i've never been able to find it. however, if i've ever gotten a ticket, i've never been able to prove that i don't apply to it.

Except for tailights, which are DOT/SAE approved. The court doesn't care. So you have to go to State Police and have them sign a certificate that says they are legal, then you take that to court. That's what the judge said when i tryed to prove it wrong.

Also, it says in law code that any exhaust louder than stock is illegal. it's written in complex english, but it's there. the only way i see to get around it, is say how can the cop tell what is louder than stock?
Old 01-17-2003, 12:01 PM
huh?what? your funny

blktalon is an unknown quantity at this point

i got two tickets for exhaust in dec. giving by the same cop. the judge and cop told me that you can changed the exhaust according the va law, as long as the manufacturer of the car makes this exhausts (ex. eagle talon, has to eagle or mitsui. brand exhaust) so then i told the judge that's not right because that means mizer and big al's and all other aftermarket muffler shops should be put out of buisness because they are putting illegal exhaust on everyone car.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:04 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

any smog test loopholes?
Old 01-17-2003, 02:13 PM
2004 Danceoff Champ

Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy Tonka Toy
Default Re: Re: Re: Vehicle Laws

Originally posted by reXer
All I need are subjects you want explained... you don't have to try and explain them to post them. I'm Mike and I never said I know stuff.
I'm not trying to be a dickhead or anything, I was just wondering if you were a lawyer or pre-law or something that gave you more knowledge than the rest of us.

Quick Reply: Vehicle Laws