Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

VaD: Need your RIMZZZ advice for my ep3

Old 01-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Reef tank addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber
Default VaD: Need your RIMZZZ advice for my ep3

I have tossed and turned on the idea of getting wheels for my 05 Civic Si since I've had it...i just dont like the stock wheels. I've put it off because I can't find anything in the bolt pattern and style that I like...if i was putting wheels on a civic I'd automatically reach for some 15" wheels with a slammed drop and call it a day.

But this car is my DD, and I don't want to drop it if at all possible. Why? Honestly with this suspension type, the parts cost so much to do it correctly that I just don't wanna put the investment into it for a minimal drop/performance gain. after all, it's a highway driver.

I'd like to go with a 17-18" size, width is debateable. Price is the major point, and yes, I'd rock reps (don't foam on me, there's another thread for that. just agree to disagree with me) but every wheel i've seen that ISNT $2000 for a set looks like shit.

Please just toss up some ideas. As far as a color combo, I'd like to get silver/gunmetal/bronze/black....please no polished lips if possible, I think it looks like President style.

Stock wheels: 16x7, 5x114.3
Stock tires: 205/55/16
Old 01-24-2010, 07:52 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts
Default Re: VaD: Need your RIMZZZ advice for my ep3

I think you should leave it stock.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

you probably be better off trading it in and getting a real mini van.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

21" Lexani's?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

Spoiler

Old 01-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab

kill it with fire
Old 01-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Reef tank addict

Originally Posted by Tarzan Bakerada
you probably be better off trading it in and getting a real mini van.
lolz.

with how i sit with the remainder of the loan, i'm at a cross roads...i can trade it in on something newer (current style Si or CR-Z...or maybe a VW Jetta. i like em) and not have an upside down financial balance....OR i could pay it off and keep it until it dies. With no current plans to pop out any Phyber Jr's, a hatchback body doesn't really hinder me and the clam traveling. And I kept telling myself I wouldn't mod this car until payments were gone (i have a bad problem of modding cars. continuously. for no reason.) and i liked the feel/fit of everything stock.

idk. rimzzz are just for a bit of flavor. I'd REALLY like to find a set of 06-08 Civic Si 17's, but I can't find anything locally, or that hasn't been painted and shit. I just want the plain darker grey ones.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Reef tank addict

Originally Posted by TransAmWS6
Spoiler

circuit 10's and slipstreams are the only ones i can get that'll fit. everything else is for the sti/evo gays.

And i need 18's so that it'll not look so awkward with the car being stock height.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

The problem with going bigger is that it'll look even more like a donk. If you're getting wheels I'd still consider a drop with some springs (I have no recommendations for your car, though).
Old 01-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

yeah if your gonna rock stock height, i wouldn't even bother.

Quick Reply: VaD: Need your RIMZZZ advice for my ep3