Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

VA states inspections blow MONKEY

Old 06-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Bald tires again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jjrambo has disabled reputation
Default VA states inspections blow MONKEY

Ok, Today I went to get my state inspection done and as you can see I have a 2003 s-10 extreme and I have a set of toucan industies euro tails with hyper silver finish. The original tails have plain red lenses. The new tails leave one bulb unconvered so I replaced it with a Red Bulb. Well according to the inspector I'm not allowed to have any colored bulbs on the vehicle unless there amber.

The Fucking Original Lenses are RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the FUCK IS THE DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: VA states inspections blow MONKEY

He is correct. That's what the fucking deal is! You can call it stupid all you like, but it is still the law. That man doesn't want to risk loosing his license to inspect which helps provide food on the table for his family just to "cut you a break", it's that simple.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:49 PM
Bald tires again

Originally Posted by Campachino
He is correct. That's what the fucking deal is! You can call it stupid all you like, but it is still the law. That man doesn't want to risk loosing his license to inspect which helps provide food on the table for his family just to "cut you a break", it's that simple.
It's the same color as the original lenses, how is that not legal?????????
Old 06-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Snapped Axles

Domestic2Import is an unknown quantity at this point

LAWS IN VA SUCK ASS DUDE !!! Any way starting NEXT year, the state is passing a new law, any emission on your vehicle that is changed police now have the option of impounding your shit. plus bigger fines now. At my work if a car comes in and its been mod'ed we cant touch it.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Bald tires again

Originally Posted by Domestic2Import
LAWS IN VA SUCK ASS DUDE !!! Any way starting NEXT year, the state is passing a new law, any emission on your vehicle that is changed police now have the option of impounding your shit. plus bigger fines now. At my work if a car comes in and its been mod'ed we cant touch it.
That's why I'm saying the hell with it and changing my plates to FLORIDA they can't do shit to me then. florida don't care at all.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Snapped Axles

Domestic2Import is an unknown quantity at this point

but, there is a point the bulbs have to be amber, you should of just slapped on your old tails got inspected, then slapped on the new ones right after you got your new sticker.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:55 PM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

can impound your vehicle for mods? that shit wont fly, might take a while but it wont stay permenatly
Old 06-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Bald tires again

Originally Posted by Domestic2Import
but, there is a point the bulbs have to be amber, you should of just slapped on your old tails got inspected, then slapped on the new ones right after you got your new sticker.
it's not going to matter I called the DMV in Florida and I should have my plates in the next few weeks or so.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jjrambo
It's the same color as the original lenses, how is that not legal?????????
You said that the brake bulb was left uncovered an dyou used a red colored bulb. Does that mean the the section of the lens is clear? If so, you are breaking the law, plain and simple.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Bald tires again

Originally Posted by Campachino
You said that the brake bulb was left uncovered an dyou used a red colored bulb. Does that mean the the section of the lens is clear? If so, you are breaking the law, plain and simple.
that's the thing it's not a brake bulb. on s-10's the tails have 3 bulbs

1 brake light
1 reverse light
1 extra light on the side used as a filler and doesn't change when the brake is hit and it's just there.

that's the one that is red. The brake light has a red lense on it, the side marker has no need to be there but it's there.