Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

used car purchase process - help!

Old 03-26-2006, 01:53 PM
in another castle.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle zelle
Question used car purchase process - help!

so i've never bought a used car before, and if you have experience and can give me any information, i would much appreciate it.

here's the situation:

i've already ran a carfax, had police records checked to see if it has been reported stolen, and had someone check it out mechanically. it's all good.

the problem is, she doesn't have the title yet because the car has to be paid off first. when i get the money from the loan, how do you work it out so that she gets the money to pay off the car and you drive it home, but you don't get fucked over from not having the title yet?

there isn't a local branch to the institution she is financed with, so it's not like i can go to a bank with her and she can pay it off and i walk away with the title.

also - is there a way to check for liens on the car?
Old 03-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80
Default Re: used car purchase process - help!

i sold my first car under these circumstances, all you have do is get the money into her account and she can pay off the vehicle immediatley, at which point in a week or two the title will be sent to her, then just have her sign it over. but get a legal document sayin the money is for the car in case she tries to pull something shady. thats it extremely simple. any questions just pm me.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:55 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch
Default Re: used car purchase process - help!

call the finance company your self and make sure that number one its legit, and number two the vehicle is actually financed there.