Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Unsuspecting idiots that try to race while you're commuting.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Unsuspecting idiots that try to race while you're commuting.

Example: I'm heading from the southside to the peninsula to have lunch with friends. Running a little behind, so the left-most lane at 10-15 over is the weapon of choice. In this instance, should I be forced to pass on the right (even though I normally don't) I will.

Well now I get the "O.M.G. oh-no-he-di'n't pass me" look, and by the time I have reached my exit on the peninsula, I have a trail of 6-7 random sedans, SUV's, ghetto-mobiles, whatever, following behind now at my rate of speed. (Or trying to follow at my "revised" rate of speed)

I could understand if I was in the silver car, but I'm driving a black, stock-looking SUV.

My (rhetorical) question is... why? I don't get it.

Not really venting, just wondering if you guys have ever run into the same situation in your daily drivers, and if so, how often.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:50 AM
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo
Default Re: Unsuspecting idiots that try to race while you're commuting.

It's because we live in VA, and everyone thinks that they are actually in NASCAR
Old 12-11-2010, 12:05 PM
artsy fuck

wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot wesnot

SHAKE N BAKE! sike well when someone passes me one the right when I'm in the left lane, I usually get behind them and match their speed, not to be a dick or anything but usually I try not to be the first person in line when it comes to a group of people all speeding. I kinda feel safer I guess, and less likely to be the one the state trooper will pick out. if the person behind me is pissing me off or tail gating, I just dump it and pour black smoke on em.

Last edited by wesnot; 12-11-2010 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:08 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Happens all the time, Jay. Sucks
Old 12-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

thread worthy.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 PM
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

Originally Posted by Jay
Not really venting, just wondering if you guys have ever run into the same situation in your daily drivers, and if so, how often.
Srsly? Nope. Never happens. Ever.....

BUT sense you asked. I dd an Integra. 'Nuff said.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:06 PM
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by wesnot9
usually I try not to be the first person in line when it comes to a group of people all speeding. I kinda feel safer I guess, and less likely to be the one the state trooper will pick out..
This. I do this also.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Slappin Curtis

bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004 bluesrt2004

I've come to realize that everyone would love to drive as fast as possible. However, no one wants to be in the front of the line for whatever reason. I just don't let it bother me. I could care less what the idiots behind me are doing.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Originally Posted by Jay
Example: I'm heading from the southside to the peninsula to have lunch with friends. Running a little behind, so the left-most lane at 10-15 over is the weapon of choice. In this instance, should I be forced to pass on the right (even though I normally don't) I will.

Well now I get the "O.M.G. oh-no-he-di'n't pass me" look, and by the time I have reached my exit on the peninsula, I have a trail of 6-7 random sedans, SUV's, ghetto-mobiles, whatever, following behind now at my rate of speed. (Or trying to follow at my "revised" rate of speed)

I could understand if I was in the silver car, but I'm driving a black, stock-looking SUV.

My (rhetorical) question is... why? I don't get it.

Im usually doing the speeding so it happens to me alot, but I dont mind having a pack behind me for the same reason wesnot9 posted, the trooper will most likely pull only one person over and the more cars in the pack the less of a chance it will be me. I could also like it because I'm used to riding in a pack when I ride my motorcycle.

When taking long interstate trips in my car I usually find myself involved in a mulitple packs of speeding cars along the way. The most interesting part about is that people just automatically switch leaders every 45 minutes or so. I take alot of long interstate trips driving above the speed limit so maybe its just me that notices this.

I only see the "O.M.G. oh-no-he-di'n't pass me" look when some idiot is going the speed limit in the left lane and wont get over. Once I try to pass them in the right lane they try to speed up to keep me from getting in front of them. I hate that shit.

Last edited by crxmadness; 12-11-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Pistol + power-folding plate. Ain't nothin but a thang.