Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

turbo HELP!!!

Old 09-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
k20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud of
Default turbo HELP!!!

ok so im tryin to build mu head for boost my block is built low compression but i would like some suggestions for the head please pm me or post on here
Old 09-23-2006, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

k20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud ofk20egr has much to be proud of
Default Re: turbo HELP!!!

please help
Old 09-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Registered Member

Top_end_evo has disabled reputation

on a k series? well when i had my b series i ran stock port head on built supertech valvetrain and i rev that thing to 9,500 rpm and I made 612hp on the stock ported head... but if u want ur turbo to spool quicker i would get a port head from alaniz(SP?) or endyn.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Top_end_evo
on a k series? well when i had my b series i ran stock port head on built supertech valvetrain and i rev that thing to 9,500 rpm and I made 612hp on the stock ported head... but if u want ur turbo to spool quicker i would get a port head from alaniz(SP?) or endyn.
actually im tryin to boost a d-series and im lookin for good cams and a good valvethrain but thanx for the advice
Old 09-24-2006, 06:56 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Hah, if you plan to finish your car anytime before 2008 I wouldn't use Alaniz. He's been referred to by a select few members on S2Ki over the past few years, not a single person has ever received their head back in time. When I shipped mine to him for a build I was told 3 weeks turn around... 3 months later I got the head back... 1 month after that I got the rocker arms for it. One of the members on the board now has just got his head back, 1 year later. We all understand that machine work isn't a simple task, plus he is a one man operation. The bad part is, there is no contact during everything... he doesn't call, nor answer when you call. If you email him, which is recommended he'll contact you back about 4-5 days later.

I'd recommend contacting Laskey Racing.

Last edited by Black Nugget; 09-24-2006 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:05 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
Hah, if you plan to finish your car anytime before 2008 I wouldn't use Alaniz. He's been referred to by a select few members on S2Ki over the past few years, not a single person has ever received their head back in time. When I shipped mine to him for a build I was told 3 weeks turn around... 3 months later I got the head back... 1 month after that I got the rocker arms for it. One of the members on the board now has just got his head back, 1 year later. We all understand that machine work isn't a simple task, plus he is a one man operation. The bad part is, there is no contact during everything... he doesn't call, nor answer when you call. If you email him, which is recommended he'll contact you back about 4-5 days later.

I'd recommend contacting Laskey Racing.
i have someone to do all my headwork....i need suggestions on what cams to use and what valves and springs and reatainers to use
Old 09-24-2006, 07:09 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I would go with Supertech Valves, Springs, and Retainers. Again, all sold by Laskey Racing. Not too sure about the D-Series, but a lot of the S2 guys run them and are very happy.

In regards to Cams - not really sure who designs a good turbo cam for the D-Series.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Personally, I would go with Supertech Valves, Springs, and Retainers. Again, all sold by Laskey Racing. Not too sure about the D-Series, but a lot of the S2 guys run them and are very happy.

In regards to Cams - not really sure who designs a good turbo cam for the D-Series.
ok thanx.......still lookin for some good cams post what u feel
Old 09-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by k20egr
ok thanx.......still lookin for some good cams post what u feel
where can i find supertech valves, springs, and retainers for a d-series
Old 09-24-2006, 10:12 AM
round ii

Again, all sold by Laskey Racing.
^^

Quick Reply: turbo HELP!!!