Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

TURBO D SERIES

Old 02-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool TURBO D SERIES

Ok im in the prosess of boosting my SOHC vtec and shooting for 200 on the ground with a dyno tune at Dyno inc at 12psi. Im going with a Drag manifold, Turbonetics evo wastegate with atmospere dump, Turbonetics t3/t4, FMIC, 3in downpipe and exhaust, and DSM 450's tuned on crome. Am i shooting to high? Who has ever turboed a d series? What did you make on the ground and at the track? Also what was your set up?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda
Default Re: TURBO D SERIES

Stock internals I'm guessing? With a good tune, with that sized turbo...should do it.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Stock internals I'm guessing? With a good tune, with that sized turbo...should do it.
Yup, stock guts.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:07 PM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

swap......
Old 02-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by fish
swap......
Or spend 500 bucks and get pistons and rods...boost more, make more power, and save money...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:10 PM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

200 is low, I'm making 230whp with a similar setup, smaller turbo, smaller exhaust.

only 190wtq tho. my street tune could use a bit of tweaking on the dyno to bring that number up.

175k mile z6, bone stock.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Cool Re: TURBO D SERIES

Originally Posted by kyle h.
200 is low, I'm making 230whp with a similar setup, smaller turbo, smaller exhaust.

only 190wtq tho. my street tune could use a bit of tweaking on the dyno to bring that number up.

175k mile z6, bone stock.
Not bad numbers. Were you on a dyno jet or a mustang dyno? I will be tuning on a mustang dyno at dyno inc.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:35 PM
haz hype

it_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond repute

i'll show KyleVA this thread...he's been researching D-series builds alot lately...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

bigger injectors and bigger fuel pump. You could max out the injectors at 12psi and wont have any room for adjustment if you run lean. I was told that anyways i havent had a boosted car but I am working on it aswell.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by black6gen
Ok im in the prosess of boosting my SOHC vtec and shooting for 200 on the ground with a dyno tune at Dyno inc at 12psi. Im going with a Drag manifold, Turbonetics evo wastegate with atmospere dump, Turbonetics t3/t4, FMIC, 3in downpipe and exhaust, and DSM 450's tuned on crome. Am i shooting to high? Who has ever turboed a d series? What did you make on the ground and at the track? Also what was your set up?
I'd let Matt Shue (sohc_mshue) tune it contrary to Dyno Inc. I'm not knocking the boys at Dyno Inc.. but Shue has experience tuning single slammers. He made 250+whp on his stock block single cam @ 14psi. He was also using a lot smaller turbo. I suggest, for your setup you use a smaller turbo.. but if you ever plan to go above 15-16psi go for a t3/t4. You're also going to need a Fuel Pump and I'd get a catch can setup.

Here's a brief explanation of what I'm doing for my setup

Eagle Rods
SRP Pistons
ARP Head studs
OEM main/rod bearings
t3/t04e 57 trim .63 a/r
3-inch D/P
3-inch exhaust
38mm tial
550cc injectors
20psi

My goals are ~300whp.