Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Turbo a car...lower the value?

Old 05-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
madmortar has disabled reputation
Default Turbo a car...lower the value?

Hey just a simple question, in your experience are people willing to pay more for a N/A car or turbo. I'm thinking about turbo charging my LS/VTEC and I'm just wondering when I go to sell it down the line would I get more money with it turbo'd or as an all motor build.

thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET
Default Re: Turbo a car...lower the value?

It depends you take it to a dealership they will give you next to nothing if you can find a person that is easily persuaded than its easy.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

There is no way it should lower its value.

The main problems you'll face is people don't trust modified vehicle; especially FI ones. And you'll lucky to get 10% of the money back of aftermarket shit.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Oh Boy.

nunchuckgun nunchuckgun

from a common va driven users perspective, a turbo ls is an upgrade from a turbo civic. so, if your gonna sell it on here later then youll be able to cause all the little boys will gobble it up
Old 05-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

awd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond repute

yes, it will make the value of the car go up, but don't expect to slap a turbo kit on it and sell it for 5 grand more than what its worth. The value will go up but for the most part you wont be able to sell it for what you put in it. In other words don't put a turbo kit on it to make money.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

ehh maybe im just stupid,but id rather build a car to meet my standards,rather than the next owners........
Old 05-12-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm so thirsty

drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard

Wait...boosting a honda increases the value?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 PM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Turbo'ing a car increases a value. Here is a good formula... Take your cars value + (turbo parts cost + any labor and shit/ 2). In the end the value does not go up per say.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Oh Boy.

nunchuckgun nunchuckgun

yeah if anything your getting what you payed back or less
Old 05-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

csullivan has disabled reputation

it would drop the value in the toilet if I were car shopping.

No shot I'd buy ANYTHING forced induction related that had already been used. ESPECIALLY a frank motor with FI on top. No fucking way.

a.) If you did all that to it, you certainly weren't driving it like a grandma. Chances are excellent you beat the shit out of it.

b.) How do I know it wasn't installed ghetto style.

c.) Adding FI to that car has shortened its lifespan in a big way, dependent on A and B above.

Why in the world would I buy your jankety pieced together nightmare? I guess it might appeal to some silly ricer who was broke and not very smart, but to the general public mods lower the value.

You NEVER get back any investment in the car anyway, you're paying to play. If you were working on the car with an eye towards coming out in the end with the most money possible, you would have left it stock.

Quick Reply: Turbo a car...lower the value?