Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

turbo

Old 12-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xxxdcsh0ecoxxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default turbo

I just have an insurance question. I had planned on turbo'n my mp5 but im on my parents insurance.They told me that if i did it i would get taken off. I was told i couldnt afford insurance if i turbo'd it and i told them i wouldnt let the ins. company know. They said i couldnt do that bc if i had got into an accident then ins. would pay nothing if they found out my car had been turbo'd. I was just wanting any 411 on this situation about turbo's and insurance. Does anybody who turbo's a car tell ins. companies??? And would it really matter??
Old 12-30-2007, 07:24 PM
The Cool

Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy Peezy
Default Re: turbo

Uhm as far as I know if you turbo and get into a reck then your shafted, because the insurance company isn't going to get you another turbo kit. They are just going to replace the motor because the turbo wasn't reported to the company as being on. So you get a stock motor back. But most people don't tell their insurance company that they put a turbo on.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

The way I see it if you dont have enough to afford your own indurance, than you dont have enough money to pay for all the things you will need to turbo charge the fs-de. Trust me I know from experience how much crap you will be adding, and replacing.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Switchin_Lanes

BoostedVaDa has disabled reputation

it depends on who's at fault in the accident i was rear end in my s10 and it was v8 swapped and the paid for my trans to get replace and my shaved bed as long as i had receipts. but when my acura hit a guard rail they wouldnt pay for my intercooler
Old 12-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

Keep all of your recipts. I think it would be covered as long as you had recipt. Not just only from theft. But a call to a insurance company would answer your question. Like you were looking for a quote to buy new insurance. Maybe?
Old 12-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

rare_ram is an unknown quantity at this point

I can tell you from experiance that if you buy a car that came with a Turbo, they will know it. When I bought my 87 Shelby Charger and gave them the vin over the phone, the lady in the office said, oh Shelby huh. The price to add it was about double what my 82 non-turbo car was.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

xxxdcsh0ecoxxx is an unknown quantity at this point

i had enough money to buy the whole kit for fs-de, and i also have enough money to pay my own insurance. i just didnt want to waste money doin that when its soo much cheaper on my folks. i was just getting a mazdaspeed set up off a friends. thanks fors the answers
Old 12-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

I have Geico and I just did an aftermarket claim and everything went smoothly my paint is the most valuable part on my car and they covered everything my car is insured for 50K in modifications and all I have to pay is 80 bucks over 6 months its next to nothing.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:56 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

I called geico to see if I could have my motor and turbo setup insured with the car..."if I did it". I obviously did not mention to him that I already have it done. The guy sounded young and reasonable and said. "If your doing that to a car it is assumed to be for race purposes and will not be covered." Your results may vary.